The Student Room Group

Don't know what course I want to do at Uni

So I have just done my AS levels. I', doing Maths, Computer science, English lit and sociology, and I've been trying to do by personnel statements, but I'm unsure to what I want to study at Uni anymore, in the past it was always computer science for me, but I'm not quite sure anymore. I was thinking about taking a Gap year, so I wanted to know if anyone really benefited form a Gap year to help them decide what they really want to do.
Original post by tbator
So I have just done my AS levels. I', doing Maths, Computer science, English lit and sociology, and I've been trying to do by personnel statements, but I'm unsure to what I want to study at Uni anymore, in the past it was always computer science for me, but I'm not quite sure anymore. I was thinking about taking a Gap year, so I wanted to know if anyone really benefited form a Gap year to help them decide what they really want to do.

I think its very sensible for you take a gap year, you dont want to rush a decision like this.
Reply 2
Think about what you love, if you truly can't think of anything before the end of September I would take a gap year.
Reply 3
Agree with the poster above., what is it that was putting you off computer science?
Reply 4
Original post by alexp98
Agree with the poster above., what is it that was putting you off computer science?

well, I was thinking that it has to be something I am genuinely interested in and enjoy a bit, so I decided that comp Sci may not be the best because I don't really like it all that much, I'm good at it but I thinki I chose it just for employment opportunities.
Reply 5
Original post by tbator
well, I was thinking that it has to be something I am genuinely interested in and enjoy a bit, so I decided that comp Sci may not be the best because I don't really like it all that much, I'm good at it but I thinki I chose it just for employment opportunities.

Completely agree, it's an amazing degree with limitless opportunities but you wouldn't want to do something you don't enjoy much when.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending