The Student Room Group

Repeating a year

Hi,

I need help I started university in 2013 I then changed my course and uni I was funded for the 2 years by student finance I then failed the 1st year of my new course due to personal reasons I applied for cpr they accepted it and was funded for retaking the year again, I then failed again as I went back into hospital and I've now changed my course but student finance are saying they can't pay for my course as I've used up 3 years of my studied and they can only fund me for my last year and it's a 2 years course I'm starting! When I called up student finance last year when I failed one women told me I already used up my gift year from 2013 and was only entitted to 2 years left of funding as I used my other one in 2014 when I started my new course now they are telling I only have one year left of funding can I apply for cpr again as I have personal reasons to why I failed again?
Original post by Nellarosexo
Hi,

I need help I started university in 2013 I then changed my course and uni I was funded for the 2 years by student finance I then failed the 1st year of my new course due to personal reasons I applied for cpr they accepted it and was funded for retaking the year again, I then failed again as I went back into hospital and I've now changed my course but student finance are saying they can't pay for my course as I've used up 3 years of my studied and they can only fund me for my last year and it's a 2 years course I'm starting! When I called up student finance last year when I failed one women told me I already used up my gift year from 2013 and was only entitted to 2 years left of funding as I used my other one in 2014 when I started my new course now they are telling I only have one year left of funding can I apply for cpr again as I have personal reasons to why I failed again?

You can apply for another year of CPR but bear in mind it is more likely to be refused if you've failed repeatedly and can't demonstrate that the same issues wont reoccur.
Hi there.

When applying for CPR, we will normally award one year at a time, and it sounds like you were previously only given one year before.

We cannot award CPR for a year where you only received funding due to the fact you had been awarded CPR for that year also, so you will have to apply for CPR for one of your previous years.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending