Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Funding for repeating frist year on a different course

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hi,I need help I started university in 2013 I then changed my course and uni I was funded for the 2 years by student finance I then failed the 1st year of my new course due to personal reasons I applied for cpr they accepted it and was funded for retaking the year again, I then failed again as I went back into hospital and I've now changed my course but student finance are saying they can't pay for my course as I've used up 3 years of my studied and they can only fund me for my last year and it's a 2 years course I'm starting! When I called up student finance last year when I failed one women told me I already used up my gift year from 2013 and was only entitted to 2 years left of funding as I used my other one in 2014 when I started my new course now they are telling I only have one year left of funding can I apply for cpr again as I have personal reasons to why I failed again?

    (Original post by Nellarosexo)
    can I apply for cpr again as I have personal reasons to why I failed again?
    Yes, you can apply for CPR again, as long as you have the necessary third party proof from GP, consultant etc.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 1, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.