The Student Room Group

Cerelle Pill

So I'm on this pill I've just change and I've taken it every day at the same time I've been on it for a month and now I've just had a period that has lasted nearly two weeks, now I'm usually really light, is this normal and will I get a period again? Any one else on it?
Original post by LeoniePollen
So I'm on this pill I've just change and I've taken it every day at the same time I've been on it for a month and now I've just had a period that has lasted nearly two weeks, now I'm usually really light, is this normal and will I get a period again? Any one else on it?

Speak to your doctor if you're concerned (i took that pill for just over a year, and if i remember correctly supposedly a 1/3 of people who take it get irregular bleeding).
I'm on it and my periods are irregular. I've been told its normal.
I have the implant now, which contains the same hormones as Cerelle. Unfortunately you can get really random bleeding with it or no bleeding at all. It may be you will get two weeks of bleeding twice a year, or two weeks of bleeding a month, or no bleeding at all after that. It could be anything! If I were you I would keep taking it for a few months and see what happens. If you have never been on contraceptive hormones before or have recently changed contraceptive you can have irregular bleeding for up to three months before things settle down, so give it at least that long before you give up on it :h:

I had to swap from the combined pill because my blood pressure got too high, but most people have regular bleeding on that in the 'pill free' week. If you are able to take that and don't like the bleeding from Cerelle you could try that instead? Don't worry about the bleeding you're having in it though. It's annoying, but normal! :smile:
Reply 4
I am currently on the pill called Feanolla and the first month was good until the end when I started bleeding heavily. I am now on my second week of my second month and I'm still bleeding a lot. I went to see my doctor and I now have a pill called Cerelle. I don't know whether I should carry on with Feanolla or change to Cerelle? I need some help. I just want this bleeding to stop. I'm so down
Reply 5
I am currently on the pill called Feanolla and it was fine on my first month until the end. I started bleeding and it's heavy. I am now on the start of my second month and I'm still bleeding. I went to my doctor and I now have the pill Cerelle. Should I carry on Feanolla or change to Cerelle? I just want the bleeding to stop. It's really making me so down
Reply 6
I've been on cerelle for 5 months now and the first few packs were normal I had normal periods no problems at all , then the last packets got to me ! My period stopped altogether but I was spotting for a whole month it was horrible it went on through the whole of september ! This pill gave me migranes bloating sore boobs and depression I was so emotional and upset all the time ,I've just stopped it and waiting for the withdrawal bleeding to take place it was the worse thing ever I'm hoping my periods I'll return soon
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest