The Student Room Group

Stolen Bike : (

Went to study at the library come out and my bike, that was locked, was gone. Already reported to police and I've been looking at sites that a potential thief may sell it on however I doubt I'm ever getting it back. I asked my parents for a new bike and they expect me to use a teen mountain, (left in the shed for what feels like eternity) bike that has broken gears, in getting to places. My road bike (had) cost ~£200, and I literally don't know what to do. Apart from saving up are there any decent sites that sell second hand bikes? Or any advice you can give?
It sucks. I have had four bikes stolen in the past. You can buy unclaimed bikes recovered from the police super cheap here:

http://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/

But in future, ensure you have a really good D lock or better. I am amazed at the number of people who lock their bike with a lock that looks like it could be cut with scissors. I haven't lost a bike since I upgraded my security. Also, make sure you lock your front wheel too and remove any quick release mechanism on the saddle.

Good luck!
save up and next time insure your bike!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending