The Student Room Group

remark questions?

sorry if this is a super stupid question but how long does it take edexcel to mark something (not with priority remark)? and how do you get your result back, is it by post or something or does your college inform you? ive never had anything remarked and forgot to ask the exams office.
thanks in advance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gsonro
sorry if this is a super stupid question but how long does it take edexcel to mark something with the priority remark? and how do you get your result back, is it by post or something or does your college inform you? ive never had anything remarked and forgot to ask the exams office.
thanks in advance.

Normally very quick, I've seen some come back within 24 hours and rarely more than 2 or 3 working days. Some examiners tend to take a bit longer but that may depend on subject.
The result will go to your exams officer, how they let you know is up to them. You should note that your exams officer may not be working every day at this time of year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
Normally very quick, I've seen some come back within 24 hours and rarely more than 2 or 3 working days. Some examiners tend to take a bit longer but that may depend on subject.
The result will go to your exams officer, how they let you know is up to them. You should note that your exams officer may not be working every day at this time of year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard that requesting for a remark MAY result in a lower grade instead? @@ is that true.
Original post by pingoresa
I heard that requesting for a remark MAY result in a lower grade instead? @@ is that true.

Yes if the marks are too close to the bottom of the boundary

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pingoresa

Yes, as said above, it is possible for the mark to go down and if close to the boundary your grade could go down as a result. The most likely outcome of any remark is that the grade will be unchanged

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest