The Student Room Group

Are there any decent clearing places left?

My grades are ABC and I want to do a degree within finance/economics/accounting..I know its a bit late to ask this and I have been browsing but I was wondering if tsr could help me. I can't really find any 'decent' unis still in clearing (top 30). Does anyone know of any? Thanks
Reply 1
I'm a student of Teesside University and I would definitely recommend our business school for Finance & Economics. You can get through to clearing via this number - 0808 115 4077 :smile: Hope this helps, quote me in if you have any questions.
Reply 2
Original post by queenofdarkness
My grades are ABC and I want to do a degree within finance/economics/accounting..I know its a bit late to ask this and I have been browsing but I was wondering if tsr could help me. I can't really find any 'decent' unis still in clearing (top 30). Does anyone know of any? Thanks

A "decent" university isn't defined by somewhat arbitrary rankings which can vary hugely from year to year and from list to list.

That said, there's not a huge difference between unis ranked 30, 40 or 50 ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I sent you a PM, queenofdarkness :smile:

Original post by jneill
A "decent" university isn't defined by somewhat arbitrary rankings which can vary hugely from year to year and from list to list.Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely agree with this.

I think people look at those lists of universities and some people seem to think that'll help them get work afterwards, unfortunately that's not always going to work out the way you want it to.

I've already got my placement for summer 2017 and I haven't even started my course yet (starting later this September), that's because I actively looked and applied for things myself. If you can't do stuff like that and you can't self-learn then you're not going to get anywhere in life, regardless of how magical and wonderful you believe the university you want to apply to is.

I've met a bunch of people from universities that are at the top of those lists and seen them fail miserably in securing jobs. It matters more about the individual than the reputation of a university. Go somewhere where you know you'll be happy and work on yourself :smile: Universities won't just hand things to you. No one in life just hands things to you when you're a grown up.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending