The Student Room Group

it's hard making good, solid friendships in uni!

Moving to London next year (February) after finishing my undergrad degree in Canada. I'm mainly worried about making friends when I come over and was thinking of taking classes just to meet people! However, I think that I may feel out of place given that I'll be "older" (22) than most starting out, I saw that the age was mainly 18? Making friends at my uni was hard enough (and didn't actually make lasting connections to boot!). Suggestions for any particularly friendly uni's? or ways to meet current student/recently postgrad friends?
Reply 1
It's hard making good, solid friendships anywhere. My best advice is to join societies and see how it goes from there. People at uni are very welcoming and since you're a foreign student, I think you'll fit in just fine. Also, if you have flatmates, you should hang out with them a lot.
I'm not great at making what you call solid friendships - I'm a bit inadequate in that way, but partly because I'm much older at 68. I just try to get along with everyone and that works for me. I'm student rep and I enjoy that, so I wouldn't worry about taking classes, just be yourself because you sound like a nice young person.X
It's relatively easy to make friends and acquaintances at uni but difficult to make a solid relationship with a lot of people. I can only count on one hand in my circumstance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending