The Student Room Group

Anyone swapped course while at uni?

My friend's wanting to switch course, but doesn't know how easy it will be, and he doesn't want to annoy his tutors right at the beginning! Lots of universities say it's 'possible', if you ask in the first couple of weeks, so has anyone here successfully done it? Was it easy? Did they hate you for the next three years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You really need to ask the uni and the sooner you do it the better because once you start on your course you may not have done enough of certain things to be able to switch. Tutors are there to help and most of us are too busy with other things to hold grudges against students!
My uni allows people to switch within 2 weeks of starting their course. It's really no big deal, it only requires a quick changeover on the system and a meeting to make sure you're making the right choice. Their tutors won't care.
Original post by GoingToBurst
My uni allows people to switch within 2 weeks of starting their course. It's really no big deal, it only requires a quick changeover on the system and a meeting to make sure you're making the right choice. Their tutors won't care.

Thanks, I'll tell him to go for it:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply