The Student Room Group

to start medical school this month or not

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm really glad that you're going. Not to have gone could have led to a lifetime of 'what ifs' and to be in a job that you hate at your age isn't a good prospect for the future.*

Now you've made the decision do try to embrace it. I can appreciate concerns about money, but remember that in the early years you get long holidays and should be able to earn a considerable amount. Think of it as a huge opportunity and adventure.

One 'older and wiser' thing I would add is that very few of us have a job we love all the time. I think you're lucky to have found something that you have some passion for - and that will also have highs and lows. *For most of us the jobs we have are down to a mixture of luck, opportunity and interest. If you like it most of the time you're fortunate. And it does sound as if medicine will give you a much better chance of that than pharmacy.*

Have a ball - and maybe store these posts to look back on in 10 years, when you're working as a doctor and have a family. *

(Edit. Don't know why all these asterisks appear - something to do with my iPad)*
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending