Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Training contract chances?

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

(Original post by sydneyfox)
    Hi, this is not entirely true. I have started my TC and my LPC doesn't start until 24th September which is in two weeks. I will be doing both at the same time. However it is important to note that my firm is a local firm in a town and not a city firm so this might make a difference.
    The person is applying for top commercial and American firms. Larger firms tend to have a more formal and organised TC structure. I think you are the exception. JSP pointed out there are meant to be some apprenticeships where you cna do the TC on the job, but they are very new and I expect very rare. The OP simply needs to get a TC and it would mae little difference as to when it started. The important thing to tap into is finance. Did they pay for your GDL?

(Original post by J-SP)
    Not applying - I'm an ex recruiter.

I don't think a subscription to the FT is needed. There are plenty of other free resources you could use that would be suitable. But I might be biased - I find the FT too dry and technical at times.

Main thing about commercial awareness is not learning factual content but analysing the information presented and thinking about why it happened and what potential consequences could be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi JSP, can I PM you for some application advice?

(Original post by mancora307)
    Hi JSP, can I PM you for some application advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.