The Student Room Group

Need help choosing alevels!!!

I want to become a neurologist or a neuropsychologist or a neuroscientist so far at Alevel I'm taking maths and biology definitely but I need to choose 2 other alevels (compulsory) should I take psychology, philosophy or chemistry but I want to take what is necessary to do what I want as I enjoy all of those subjects any advice would be great thanx
Chemistry is often required for neuroscience courses, and psychology will give you a good basis for neuropsychology. Philosophy won't help in the slightest with your chosen degree.

If you take maths, chemistry, biology and psychology you'll have every brain related subject at every university open to you :h:
Original post by Sophie mac
I want to become a neurologist or a neuropsychologist or a neuroscientist so far at Alevel I'm taking maths and biology definitely but I need to choose 2 other alevels (compulsory) should I take psychology, philosophy or chemistry but I want to take what is necessary to do what I want as I enjoy all of those subjects any advice would be great thanx

http://www.dorcan.co.uk/media/careers/A_Levels_Required_For_Degree_Areas.pdf

Hope this helps! :smile:
I was just wondering if I've already been on the first enrolment day on the 31 August do I have to go again despite getting everything sorted. Basically my booklet said induction/ enrolment part one on 31 August and then induction part two on 6 sept but for some reason the school website says enrolment for year 12 on 31 August- which I have Been to Nd then it says "and 2nd sept" surely I don't have to enrol twice do I?
Reply 4
Original post by Starlight2000
I was just wondering if I've already been on the first enrolment day on the 31 August do I have to go again despite getting everything sorted. Basically my booklet said induction/ enrolment part one on 31 August and then induction part two on 6 sept but for some reason the school website says enrolment for year 12 on 31 August- which I have Been to Nd then it says "and 2nd sept" surely I don't have to enrol twice do I?

I think the second one is for people who couldn't make it to the first for example I was on holiday in the 30th my schools enrolment day so I'm going on Monday the 5th as that's the second enrolment day for my school so I don't think you need to go to both
Reply 5
I think Chemistry would be the most useful of the three and then you could do Psychology as an As fourth option. Chemistry stands next to Maths and Physics in terms of difficulty at A level, it's highly respected and will keep a lot of options open for you in case you fancy something different.

Philosophy is a fascinating subject but it's one that can be studied at any stage in your life and compared to the STEM subjects, isn't as highly valued. There are countless books on different areas within Philosophy. You can study it in your spare time.
Original post by Sophie mac
I think the second one is for people who couldn't make it to the first for example I was on holiday in the 30th my schools enrolment day so I'm going on Monday the 5th as that's the second enrolment day for my school so I don't think you need to go to both

Thanks for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest