The Student Room Group

How does it feel like when a girl likes you back?

I've never felt like this in my life and I'm not going to feel it in the future either (my body is disfigured so no girl is going to like me).

I want to know how ti feels like to have a girl like you and care about you, text you first thing in the morning, wanting to know you, etc. All those things people take for granted.

Sorry for the gloomy thread, it's just something I won't experience and I'm severely depressed about it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've never felt like this in my life and I'm not going to feel it in the future either (my body is disfigured so no girl is going to like me).

I want to know how ti feels like to have a girl like you and care about you, text you first thing in the morning, wanting to know you, etc. All those things people take for granted.

Sorry for the gloomy thread, it's just something I won't experience and I'm severely depressed about it.

don't be disheartened and have faith you will find someone or perhaps she will find you when you will need her the most. Trust me!
Reply 2

How are you disfigured?

But yes it's a great feeling, makes you feel joyful and satisfied.
One girl will like you for who you are, don't be disheartened
I'll let you know when it happens. :gah:

EDIT:

Don't be down about it. Your time will come. Just hold out, focus on yourself and good things will come your way. Having a girl interested in you is a pleasant feeling, but you have to feel happy about yourself first. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Well this is a depressing thread, sorry about that OP.

It feels pretty damn good :smile: Quite flattering. When you're really with someone all of your faults can be out in the open and seemingly not matter anymore.

Unfortunately that's what makes it hurt even more when it gets taken away from you.
(edited 7 years ago)

To be frank there are disfigured girls too. People who are physically disabled at birth is a thing. It's really hard. I know. But there will be someone appropriate for everyone but you do have to search for them. Don't give up though man or you'll never get there.

Never been in love, but even then, less emotionally intense mutual appreciation of one another's braaaains and bodies leads to ****ing feelings. **** all that nihilistic ******** about the meaningless of life. You get in that scenario and you're on some psychedelics - you are happy, you are content, you have accomplished everything you wanted to lol.
Reply 7
Original post by TorpidPhil
To be frank there are disfigured girls too. People who are physically disabled at birth is a thing. It's really hard. I know. But there will be someone appropriate for everyone but you do have to search for them. Don't give up though man or you'll never get there.

Never been in love, but even then, less emotionally intense mutual appreciation of one another's braaaains and bodies leads to ****ing feelings. **** all that nihilistic ******** about the meaningless of life. You get in that scenario and you're on some psychedelics - you are happy, you are content, you have accomplished everything you wanted to lol.

Do you suggest I seek out a disabled girl? btw, I'm not physically disabled, I'm quite athletic. My issue is mostly cosmetic.
Do you suggest I seek out a disabled girl? btw, I'm not physically disabled, I'm quite athletic. My issue is mostly cosmetic.

I'm suggesting you stop doubting yourself. There's just very little reason for that and the more you do it the more you lower your chances of finding any girl. A disabled girl is an option lol. That's all your end.
Reply 9
Original post by TorpidPhil
I'm suggesting you stop doubting yourself. There's just very little reason for that and the more you do it the more you lower your chances of finding any girl. A disabled girl is an option lol. That's all your end.

I don't doubt myself. I know what I am (unfortunately) and I know that if a girl sees my skin underneath my shirt, she's gonna vomit (I would). I wouldn't want that.

No not necessarily, by the way Love is usually something from the inside the way how you feel around that person in my opinion it is mostly about personality not always appearance (although people do see the outer figure first :frown:) so if you have an amazing heart with an amazing personality I am sure some girl will see that shine in you and fall head over heels for you (by the way this is from personal experiences I had a boyfriend he was average looking quite cute I suppose but was really quite argumentative always wanted to debate and things like that it was off after about 2 weeks and I have seen couples on the street who are the polar opposites when it comes to looks but they are together) Remember people always say dont judge a book by its cover so you never know !!!:wink:
pretty good
I don't doubt myself. I know what I am (unfortunately) and I know that if a girl sees my skin underneath my shirt, she's gonna vomit (I would). I wouldn't want that.

If its true love she wouldn't care
I'm a girl, and I have someone who is so amazing. I love him very much and I couldn't care less about his body, or how he looks. May I ask, what ethnicity are you? Your time will come don't rush in to quick. If you get someone Always be there for her no matter what

Posted from TSR Mobile
In what way are you disfigured? I do get where you're coming from though. I'm a girl but I have a scar on my face so I've never had a boyfriend and I probably won't ever have one. Its not something that can be covered up with make up either, and I wouldn't want to cover it up if I could anyway. I will say that you are somewhat lucky your disfigurement is on your body and not on your face, It won't be the first thing people see so they won't judge you solely based on your disfigurement. I don't think people mind that much when the disfigurement is on the body rather than the face. I believe you can find love. I don't think it would be that big of a deal.
In what way are you disfigured? I do get where you're coming from though. I'm a girl but I have a scar on my face so I've never had a boyfriend and I probably won't ever have one. Its not something that can be covered up with make up either, and I wouldn't want to cover it up if I could anyway. I will say that you are somewhat lucky your disfigurement is on your body and not on your face, It won't be the first thing people see so they won't judge you solely based on your disfigurement. I don't think people mind that much when the disfigurement is on the body rather than the face. I believe you can find love. I don't think it would be that big of a deal.

The skin on my chest, stomach and upper thighs is messed up. My face, neck, back, hands, arms, legs, look normal.

So no you can't notice anything when I'm wearing clothes but why do you think that's a good thing? I am a weightlifter so I'm sort of muscular which is worse tbh. It's even more misleading to girls because they don't know what's underneath. Some will flirt with you and I immediately feel bad and can't enjoy it because you know it's going to be a disaster if she sees you with your top off. BTW, I've had girls tell me it looks disgusting both online and irl. I know it is, it's not like I didn't expect it but I used to think it might not matter that much (it really does and that's understandable tbh)

Hambi123

I'm a girl, and I have someone who is so amazing. I love him very much and I couldn't care less about his body, or how he looks. May I ask, what ethnicity are you? Your time will come don't rush in to quick. If you get someone Always be there for her no matter what

I'm white but why does that matter.
Original post by Help Me...
No not necessarily, by the way Love is usually something from the inside the way how you feel around that person in my opinion it is mostly about personality not always appearance (although people do see the outer figure first :frown:) so if you have an amazing heart with an amazing personality I am sure some girl will see that shine in you and fall head over heels for you (by the way this is from personal experiences I had a boyfriend he was average looking quite cute I suppose but was really quite argumentative always wanted to debate and things like that it was off after about 2 weeks and I have seen couples on the street who are the polar opposites when it comes to looks but they are together) Remember people always say dont judge a book by its cover so you never know !!!:wink:

You know maybe I don't have an amazing personality and amazing heart. I'm a pretty good person but so are other guys. Your post highlights how I have to be otherwise perfect to make up for my defect. I am not Jesus with a skin problem.
The skin on my chest, stomach and upper thighs is messed up. My face, neck, back, hands, arms, legs, look normal.

So no you can't notice anything when I'm wearing clothes but why do you think that's a good thing? I am a weightlifter so I'm sort of muscular which is worse tbh. It's even more misleading to girls because they don't know what's underneath. Some will flirt with you and I immediately feel bad and can't enjoy it because you know it's going to be a disaster if she sees you with your top off. BTW, I've had girls tell me it looks disgusting both online and irl. I know it is, it's not like I didn't expect it but I used to think it might not matter that much (it really does and that's understandable tbh)

I'm white but why does that matter.

In what way is it messed up? What exactly is wrong with your skin? I don't think it's a good thing but I do think it is better to have skin issues on your body rather than your face. People won't know about these issues when they initially see you. This is good because they can just get to know you for who you are. If a girl finds you facially attractive and really likes you, then your skin issues shouldn't be such a big issue for her. They will probably overlook it if they really like you. However, if you had these skin issues on your face then you might not have even been given the chance to get to know them in the first place. However,I totally get why you would feel apprehension in getting to know someone and then them finally finding out about your skin issues. Those girls telling you your skin condition is disgusting is really harsh tbh. I've had people stay stuff to my face about the scar on my face. It sucks.
In what way is it messed up? What exactly is wrong with your skin? I don't think it's a good thing but I do think it is better to have skin issues on your body rather than your face. People won't know about these issues when they initially see you. This is good because they can just get to know you for who you are. If a girl finds you facially attractive and really likes you, then your skin issues shouldn't be such a big issue for her. They will probably overlook it if they really like you. However, if you had these skin issues on your face then you might not have even been given the chance to get to know them in the first place. However,I totally get why you would feel apprehension in getting to know someone and then them finally finding out about your skin issues. Those girls telling you your skin condition is disgusting is really harsh tbh. I've had people stay stuff to my face about the scar on my face. It sucks.

I can't really describe it to you, you have to see it. Have you ever seen 2nd or 3rd degree burns on a person's skin? that. Take it from me, it's disgusting.

I'm grateful for the girls who were honest with me tbh. I'd hate it for them to lie to me and make me question other parts of myself too. At least this way, I know how they felt about it.
disfigured people can find love too

Quick Reply