The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

congratulations!! see you there, if i get in too!
what accomodation have you picked? and what course are you doing?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Congrats! Btw did you do the IB, since Warwick hasn't received my IB results yet.
Reply 3
nah i did EB, our results came out on the 10th.
uhm, i picked...rootes, whitefields, arthur vick, and claycroft. bit dumb, i want to get into rootes but said i liek quiet places. im doing Manufacturing and Mech. Eng. and u?
Reply 4
I'm planning on studying law, but they haven't received my results yet. I applied to Arthur Vick, I can't remember the rest, I NEED EN SUITE. :tongue:
Reply 5
lol, u need it? ure bathroom manners that bad or soemthing :tongue: ?
Reply 6
chaka
lol, u need it? ure bathroom manners that bad or soemthing :tongue: ?

:frown: , ouch. No its just that I'd prefer not to share a bathroom with strangers, for a school year. Some ppl are just........
Reply 7
lol, yeh i see what u mean. sry, i didnt mean to offend u...just fooling about.
Reply 8
chaka
lol, yeh i see what u mean. sry, i didnt mean to offend u...just fooling about.

:tongue: I was just playing you didn't offend me. Btw are you going to orientation?
Reply 9
i dontthink im supposed...do EU students have to? coz im british, well indian but born in london and i live in luxembourg. they sent me a thign about it but im not sure if im supposed to...u?
Reply 10
chaka
i dontthink im supposed...do EU students have to? coz im british, well indian but born in london and i live in luxembourg. they sent me a thign about it but im not sure if im supposed to...u?

It is for students outside of england, International students. Also, yes I'm going.
Reply 11
oh ok so i guess im supposed to go aswell...what do they do/show us during thta week?
Reply 12
hey how do u know if warwick has recieved ur results?
I did the IB...but warwick hasnt sent me anything saying if they have or have not recieved it...
also...if u applied through ucas, did ucas send u some kinda form abt 14 day return or they assume ur not going to warwick as a final decision?
Reply 13
awaiting
hey how do u know if warwick has recieved ur results?
I did the IB...but warwick hasnt sent me anything saying if they have or have not recieved it...
also...if u applied through ucas, did ucas send u some kinda form abt 14 day return or they assume ur not going to warwick as a final decision?

Well I contacted Warwick, and they told me that they hadn't received my results yet. So today I went to school, and asked my school to send them my results. Theoretically your grades should be sent to UCAS from IBO, then UCAS forwards them to your firm + insurance unis. I didn't get anything from UCAS what do you mean by 14 day return?

@Chaka: You don't HAVE to go, its purely your choice. It consists of visiting parts of the Uni[library for example], visiting Coventry, Going to Oxford or some other place[I can't recall the other choice]. If you didn't get info about it maybe you can't go. Not sure.
Reply 14
Gwarwick
I didn't get anything from UCAS what do you mean by 14 day return?

Its really strange, but UCAS mentioned in its last letter about a form that it will send to the students to fill in and return within 14 days to confirm that they are still willing to go to their uni (ie firm or insurence) It is the final consulation/ agreement form. If we dont send it back, our place is withdrawn. I dont even know WHEN they are sending it...
Apperently some ppl have already got it...but most that havnt yet.
Reply 15
chaka
coz im british, well indian but born in london and i live in luxembourg.

im guessing ur using your nick 'chaka' as the indian meaning? Why would u call urself that! LOLS!
Reply 16
awaiting
Its really strange, but UCAS mentioned in its last letter about a form that it will send to the students to fill in and return within 14 days to confirm that they are still willing to go to their uni (ie firm or insurence) It is the final consulation/ agreement form. If we dont send it back, our place is withdrawn. I dont even know WHEN they are sending it...
Apperently some ppl have already got it...but most that havnt yet.

Thats sounds absurd, why would they do such a thing. I'm certain that after the exams everything is organised between you, and your University. Their is no 3rd party, unless you want to switch to your insurance uni. Could you make a thread in the general university discussion thread, explaining what you know, and asking if its true? Since it doesnt seem to be true.
chaka
i would just liek everyone to know that warwick has now accepted me and given me a place! wooohooooo!

Congrats :cool:
Reply 18
Gwarwick
Thats sounds absurd, why would they do such a thing. I'm certain that after the exams everything is organised between you, and your University. Their is no 3rd party, unless you want to switch to your insurance uni. Could you make a thread in the general university discussion thread, explaining what you know, and asking if its true? Since it doesnt seem to be true.

i found out about it all, its true..if u have any further questions u can make the thread lols im lazy
cya
Reply 19
awaiting
i found out about it all, its true..if u have any further questions u can make the thread lols im lazy
cya

damn you -_-

Latest

Trending

Trending