The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

53% of Scotland said they want to remain in the UK despite Brexit, so I don't know why Nicola is still banging that old drum. You can't keep having referenda until you get the result you want.
She'll keep stamping her foot until she gets another referendum or is voted out
Reply 3
Original post by MildredMalone
53% of Scotland said they want to remain in the UK despite Brexit, so I don't know why Nicola is still banging that old drum. You can't keep having referenda until you get the result you want.

Exactly. I think she has got nothing better to do. Politics must be boring in Scotland.
Reply 4
Original post by Pinkberry_y
She'll keep stamping her foot until she gets another referendum or is voted out

She will probably lose again then says its a 'best out of 3'..
censor censor censor ban ban ban
Reply 6
Her party is basically funded on the very principle of being an annoying separatist shouting about how bad the Union is and how better off Scotland would be alone and in the EU.

She probably knows deep down what she repeats is pure BS, but if she would admit that she wouldn't have a job would she?

So in short no she will not shut up, unfortunately.
Reply 7
Original post by remiremi
Her party is basically funded on the very principle of being an annoying separatist shouting about how bad the Union is and how better off Scotland would be alone and in the EU.

She probably knows deep down what she repeats is pure BS, but if she would admit that she wouldn't have a job would she?

So in short no she will not shut up, unfortunately.

Very true. I just hope Theresa 'brexit means brexit' May will tell her once and for all she is not getting another referendum.
Reply 8
It's a shame that completely evil women can gain power and sully the names of women:n Thatcher who tore the country apart, sold off the mining industry and made people fear the police not respect them, and forced us into the EU. May who has no real political goal other than fame and doesn't care if the country goes out the window as a result. Sturgeon who seems to think she can demand millions of pounds of the taxpayers money from England to keep the Scottish afloat in their castles and failing economy. Just why can't a decent woman get into power?

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by BobSausage
It's a shame that completely evil women can gain power and sully the names of women:n Thatcher who tore the country apart, sold off the mining industry and made people fear the police not respect them, and forced us into the EU. May who has no real political goal other than fame and doesn't care if the country goes out the window as a result. Sturgeon who seems to think she can demand millions of pounds of the taxpayers money from England to keep the Scottish afloat in their castles and failing economy. Just why can't a decent woman get into power?

Spoiler

All 3 women tried to over compensate and prove that they are 'powerful women' by doing things their own way. All 3 doomed to failure.
It's the very attitudes on display here that's led to separatist politicians being elected in Scotland.
Let's look at the situation over in Scotland:

- 54% of people have said they do not want a second referendum.
- Even if they did have one, 52% said they vote to remain in the United Kingdom despite us leaving the EU and having a Conservative government.
- They have a budget deficit and national debt much worse than any other country in the UK.
- Even if they applied for EU membership, given their finances, I doubt the EU would even want them.
- If Scotland left the UK, the SNP would have to become the austerity party.
- Oil, Scotland's primary export market, has reached on all time low on the stock exchange.
- And finally, given the current financial situation in Scotland I bet the SNP are happy they're still part of the UK.
Well, I mean they are a party which was founded upon the principles of and works towards Scottish Independence.
I agree that she has had her say in the 1st referendum and that it was a clear vote to stay. If we give them another referendum then we should get another brexit one as they have about equal support for another referendum!! It was a once in a lifetime vote and the circumstances have not significantly changed for another vote.
Reply 14
That's extremely sexist and misogynistic. I am offensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
let them go, who gives a **** if they stay or not?
I think we should kick the Scots out of the Union, England is subsidising their *****y undiversified economy, tell them to piss off. They only joined the UK after they went bankrupt in the wake of their failed attempt at colonising Panama. They have an appalling track record on money management, just let them go.

If I were PM there would be zero new investment in renewable energy north of the border until all nationalist sentiment evaporates, I would make sure they know that should they try to leave, when the price of oil hits zero, they are finished we need to be ruthlessly tough on them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JamesN88
It's the very attitudes on display here that's led to separatist politicians being elected in Scotland.

Shut the door on your way out.
Original post by DicksOut4Haraam
Shut the door on your way out.

On the way out of where?
Original post by JamesN88
On the way out of where?

leaving our glorious union

Latest

Trending

Trending