The Student Room Group

Advice for sticking posters up in dorm rooms without causing damage on the walls?

I'm moving into Bangor University St Mary's halls in two weeks and when I go I want to take posters with me to make the place feel a bit more homely. However I'm aware of the fact any damage left on the walls will cost you, and because St Mary's is barely a year old, I have the feeling marks from posters are going to be a lot more noticable than in older halls because of the walls being so newly painted.

I've always had issues at home with blu tac peeling the paint off my walls when taking posters down, which I've just eventually gotten used to, but obviously I can't do that in halls so blu tac is a no-no.

My plan was to get some of those commands poster strips. Reading reviews it looks like they will work well, but I've never used them before so I have no idea. I just wondered if anyone had any advice for sticking posters on walls and if anyone has used anything like those command poster strips before.

The other option was white-tac but I have a feeling that will just leave marks or peel the paint off like blu tac because it's a similar substance.
No idea on how well command things come off walls without leaving marks that can't be removed with a clean damp cloth.

Blue/white tac is easy to remove without damaging walls. When you take posters down, do it so that the blu/White tac stays on the wall. With a clean thumb, gently roll the tac until it comes off the wall. Any remaining marks remove with clean damp cloth.

You will have a board of some sort that you can use pins on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply