The Student Room Group

Should i resit year 12???? Please help

Given that a lot of good uni's don't mind resitters, I want to resit year 12 because I was so upset with my results. At GCSE I got 3A* and 6As with 1B. At AS-Level i got 2 Bs in Psychology and Geography and 2Cs in Maths and Product Design.

A lot of people in my school are resitting with all Cs at AS and some with the same grades as me. None of them have serious excuses but would just get to do better.

I feel the same way but people around me say it's not necessary. I feel like it would be because I would be happier and I would do much better. I'm so disappointed in myself and I didn't expect to get these grades. On top of that, I feel like I'm not ready for year 13.

Do you think I should still resit or am I really wasting my time? My predicted grades would be AAB.

I'm looking to do Psychology at Durham, Nottingham, Warwick, Kent or Royal Holloway, which all have entry requirements of AAB (but i feel like being predicted AAB isn't good enough if you get what I mean)

Thanks in advance
If I were you, I wouldn't resit the exams. I mean, it's nice to aim high but I don't think it's necessary in this case, if you're gonna be predicted AAB anyway :/

Besides are you doing the old spec or the new spec?

Quick Reply

Latest