Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Should i resit year 12???? Please help

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Given that a lot of good uni's don't mind resitters, I want to resit year 12 because I was so upset with my results. At GCSE I got 3A* and 6As with 1B. At AS-Level i got 2 Bs in Psychology and Geography and 2Cs in Maths and Product Design.

A lot of people in my school are resitting with all Cs at AS and some with the same grades as me. None of them have serious excuses but would just get to do better.

I feel the same way but people around me say it's not necessary. I feel like it would be because I would be happier and I would do much better. I'm so disappointed in myself and I didn't expect to get these grades. On top of that, I feel like I'm not ready for year 13.

Do you think I should still resit or am I really wasting my time? My predicted grades would be AAB.

I'm looking to do Psychology at Durham, Nottingham, Warwick, Kent or Royal Holloway, which all have entry requirements of AAB (but i feel like being predicted AAB isn't good enough if you get what I mean)

Thanks in advance

If I were you, I wouldn't resit the exams. I mean, it's nice to aim high but I don't think it's necessary in this case, if you're gonna be predicted AAB anyway :/

Besides are you doing the old spec or the new spec?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.