The Student Room Group

A level students: Class notes or textbook notes (biology)

im doing ocr biology AS and i'm starting the course monday, i wanted to get a head start and have bought the recommended textbook but its so godamn wordy and i have looked at past papers and used the book to answer the questions seeing as i would be taking notes directly from the textbook anyway and quite a lot of the information in the book is not specific enough or wrong and not accepted by the mark scheme. i was wondering would i be better off taking notes in class?
Reply 1
Original post by uchihaitachi0023
im doing ocr biology AS and i'm starting the course monday, i wanted to get a head start and have bought the recommended textbook but its so godamn wordy and i have looked at past papers and used the book to answer the questions seeing as i would be taking notes directly from the textbook anyway and quite a lot of the information in the book is not specific enough or wrong and not accepted by the mark scheme. i was wondering would i be better off taking notes in class?

I made notes and flashcards from the book and then practiced loads of past papers and made notes from that on what I need to remember/ be more specific with and keywords :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest