The Student Room Group

Would these GCSE grades be alright for Law

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AspiringLawyer-
Is it just Cambridge who are big on contextual info,or are other RG unis.if so could you name some :smile:

I read law at Cambridge so I only really know about Cambridge, but I'm sure other unis take it into account too.
Reply 21
Hmm okay.But the F was in Latin,and every single person failed that in my class(not an exaggeration,in mocks the highest someone got was a G ,and furthermore every single one i spoke to got an D/E/F/G grade ).Plus my school is kinda crappy and its below national average

Would that count for some contextual data

Haha okay, so if the pass rate was 0% and your school was *****y then okay, you might still stand a chance for Cambridge law and yes- it will count contextually, its the same reason why I'm able to apply for Ox Biological Science... I went to a royally rubbish school and contextually my grades are awesome, as I imagine yours are too
Particularly law at a Russel Group University.
(The ones i am considering are Cambridge,Warwick,Durham,Manchester,Uni of Birmingham and UCL )
A*AAABBCCF
Thats 1 A*,3A's,2B'c,2 C's,1 F

Of course,i have picked the subjects that i got an A in for A level.

Anyways,are those GCSE's fine?I'm hoping to smash my A levels because i enjoy the 3 subjects i picked so thus i think i can get excellent grades if i revise well :smile:

I got 5 As 4Bs - not exactly stellar grades- and I got into Durham. Give it a go if you smash your A-Levels. Have some safer options.
I got awful GCSE results, AABCCCCCC but I'm still off to do law, and I know many others who are too. The main focus is on A levels.
Reply 24
Original post by Pink Portal
I got awful GCSE results, AABCCCCCC but I'm still off to do law, and I know many others who are too. The main focus is on A levels.

at which uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending