The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Need quick advice.

I am applying for an Open University degree today.
I have B in Maths at Alevel so i was going to go down the Maths and Physics route but am considering the computing and IT degree. Which do you think would be the better choice.? I can already programme in 2 languages btw
Nobody can make that decision for you, obviously. However, there's also a halfway step of Computing & IT and a Second Subject, with the second subject being Maths.

Just ask yourself this: Do you want to be the type of person who studied Maths and Physics, or you do you want to be the type of person who studied Computing and IT? You have a powerful opportunity to define a part of yourself by this choice, so take the best advantage of it.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
I'd say the important question to ask yourself is whether you have any defined plans for your future career which would require one or the other option. My suspicion, though it's not based on any particular knowledge, would be that IT jobs may be more interested in what you can do than whether you came by those skills via degree-level study, whereas for some things you may need the specific subject.

There's always the option of an Open Degree, and you'd probably have some wiggle room to switch to that later if you wanted to follow a slightly different module pathway.

Quick Reply

Latest