The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Would it be ok to use my expired passport at the registration?

So I no longer have my birth certificate as it got burnt in my last house and it takes up to 15 days just for it to despatch. With the paper counterpart part of my DL I never got sent one and the DVLA don't issue them anymore (but they do have an online version so I don't know if I can use that) all I have with my is an expired passport.
Money is a little tight right now so I can't fast track my passport to get renewed and standard renewal is up to 3 weeks
What about your photo card licence?

Plus, I think it would have to be a VALID passport, but the best thing to do to ring and check.
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Original post by MeYou2Night
What about your photo card licence?

Plus, I think it would have to be a VALID passport, but the best thing to do to ring and check.

I have a Provisional Licence but I don't know if they would accept that in its own.
Yeah I would have to ring on Monday. It's just I wanted to get the registration done quickly but things came up and I just didn't have the time to renew my stuff.
Original post by TheAspiringNerd
I have a Provisional Licence but I don't know if they would accept that in its own.
Yeah I would have to ring on Monday. It's just I wanted to get the registration done quickly but things came up and I just didn't have the time to renew my stuff.

Mine accepted just my photo licence

Okay - hope it gets sorted
Mine accepted just my photo licence

Okay - hope it gets sorted

Did you go Greenwich?
Did you go Greenwich?

No but I don't see why they'd be any different.
No but I don't see why they'd be any different.

Hopefully they do take it as DVLA even suggest to you to no longer have the paper counterpart of the licence. Oh well I'll call Monday, most likely register the same day too.
Thanks for the help.
Hopefully they do take it as DVLA even suggest to you to no longer have the paper counterpart of the licence. Oh well I'll call Monday, most likely register the same day too.
Thanks for the help.

No problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending