The Student Room Group

Bad UKCAT score help me pls

Hi I just did my UKCAT and got a really disappointing score of 1890 (630 average).I'm not sure where to apply now as I was looking at Birmingham and Kings intially and I'm worried about applying to Kings now.I was planning to sit the BMAT beforehand anyway so that plan hasn't changed.I got 9A* and 1A at GCSE ,4As at AS in biology,chemistry,physics and maths.I have relevant hospital experience and 6-8 months of volunteering in this last year.What do you think I should do?
Original post by mapleseeds
Hi I just did my UKCAT and got a really disappointing score of 1890 (630 average).I'm not sure where to apply now as I was looking at Birmingham and Kings intially and I'm worried about applying to Kings now.I was planning to sit the BMAT beforehand anyway so that plan hasn't changed.I got 9A* and 1A at GCSE ,4As at AS in biology,chemistry,physics and maths.I have relevant hospital experience and 6-8 months of volunteering in this last year.What do you think I should do?

Personally, I would avoid Kings. They had a low average last year IIRC but that was very much an outlier. It's not the end of the world though, your other academics and experience sounds great. Just apply wisely and look into places that don't place a huge emphasis on the UKCAT and you should be fine.
Reply 2
I got the same UKCAT score and I am going to uni in a week for A100.

I applied I Bristol (Firm accepted), Liverpool (Insurance). Got rejected from notts for a low UKCAT, so avoid notts.

I did the BMAT, got 5.7, 4.3, 3A but got rejected from Leeds as I had AABBC at AS level and the majority of their applicants have AAA at AS. Tbh the BMAT is a waste of time unless you are aiming for Imperial or UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending