The Student Room Group

A-Level Choices?

Hi,
So i'm preparing to go into sixth form on Monday and i've chosen Chemistry, Biology and Maths which I got A*A*A at GCSE. My question is that will an A be enough to do Maths at a-level? And also I would like to go into something science related so is it worth me doing maths although I find it the most difficult of the 3?

Thanks!
Original post by chrlhyms
Hi,
So i'm preparing to go into sixth form on Monday and i've chosen Chemistry, Biology and Maths which I got A*A*A at GCSE. My question is that will an A be enough to do Maths at a-level? And also I would like to go into something science related so is it worth me doing maths although I find it the most difficult of the 3?

Thanks!

Yes, an A should most likely be enough for maths, I'd double check with the college you're going to though.

And yes it is definitely worth doing maths! Even if it gets difficult you'll have your tutor and classmates to help you :smile: and the TSR so don't be afraid to pick up maths.
Original post by AnnaRainbows
Yes, an A should most likely be enough for maths, I'd double check with the college you're going to though.

And yes it is definitely worth doing maths! Even if it gets difficult you'll have your tutor and classmates to help you :smile: and the TSR so don't be afraid to pick up maths.

Hi,
Yeah the sixth form requires a B at GCSE-but I was thinking would an A be able to work towards a high grade at a-level, because some sixth forms have quite low requirements for courses.

Ah! Okay thank you so much, would it make science a lot easier? at a-level and at degree level possibly?
Maths is part of both - biology and chemistry so it will help you a lot with revision :smile:

It's universal! It can make any subject easier as it develops logical thinking, so if there was any subject to support bio&chem it'd be maths :smile: study it proudly haha!
Original post by AnnaRainbows
Maths is part of both - biology and chemistry so it will help you a lot with revision :smile:

It's universal! It can make any subject easier as it develops logical thinking, so if there was any subject to support bio&chem it'd be maths :smile: study it proudly haha!

Thank you so much for your help!
Original post by chrlhyms
Thank you so much for your help!

No worries! Glad to help, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest