The Student Room Group

Geography or chemistry to A2?

I got AABC in my AS levels, Maths, Geog, Biology, Chemistry respectively. Due to extenuating circumstances I can get my teachers to predict me AAAB, hopefully.
I was planning to do chem at uni (as it's one of my favourites) and drop geog but with grades AAB and the B in chemistry I won;t be able to get in somewhere I really want to go like Durham or Bath. The problem isn't getting the grades though, it's making the unis understand and believe that I will get them so they offer me a place.
I have disliked geog so far but could keep it on and drop chem. Predicted grades AAA. Then I could get in to a really good uni but not to do chemistry. I could do biological sciences but i'm not sure about careers and my interests lie not so much in medicine and disease and more in the environment e.t.c.
Couldn't bring myself to do geog at uni - will be difficult enough finding motivation for another year. Could do a completely different subject e.g. economics at uni if I do well in maths.
What do you think?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Do the one you enjoy and want to pursue a career in because this would be most beneficial in the long run. You may be predicted a better grade in geography but without motivation you may not be able to get that grade which will mean a uni that has given you an offer may end up rejecting you which will be very disheartening
Chemistry could give you a low predicted grade but remember that if you're motivated you could definitely exceed the predicted grade and when uni comes along you can look on to better unis
I will be starting yr12 tomorrow however I know by experience motivation and the strive to do better can prove to be very rewarding- I was predicted a d/c for physics GCSEs but 7weeks before the exams when I was literally at breaking point I found a tutor who helped me with exam technique after making me realise my understanding of physics wasn't lacking it was just my approach to exam questions- 7hours of physics tuition altogether worked wonders... I got an A😊

Quick Reply

Latest