The Student Room Group

How to prove I'm an independent student?

Hi. Im 18 years old and need help with atident finance. I left my parents home in around April 2016 to live with my boyfriend and his parents due to me being very unhapppy because of emotional abuse from my stepmum and the environment wasnt good for my illnesses (I have anorexia nervosa and also major depressive disorder). I am okay for this year's student finance as i managed to get my parents information before I moved out but its the next 2 years im worried about as I cant get them to fill out my student finance form anymore (for obvious reasons). However I have no proof of any of this and therefore am still classed as a dependant student, so i wont be able to get student finance (just the minimum) so wont be able to fund myself for the rest of my course. What can i do for them to believe i am actually an independent student? Also i am currently claiming ESA at the moment but this isnt enough to live on at uni (£56 a week). I really appreciate any help.
*student finance
Do you still have any contact with them? If not and you have proof of this, that's enough to prove that you're independent.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Do you still have any contact with them? If not and you have proof of this, that's enough to prove that you're independent.

No although it would be possible. Thats my question though, how do i get proof?
Original post by pastelhannahjane
No although it would be possible. Thats my question though, how do i get proof?

http://standalone.org.uk/guides/student-guide/

May be of some use to you. One of the questions does ask how do I get supporting statements.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending