Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Best Durham College for Law?

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

I'm thinking of applying to Durham Law School for 2017 entry, and am trying to choose a college at the moment. I found the map on the university website is a bit confusing, and I couldn't clearly see which colleges are closest to the Law Faculty. Help please!

The law building is on the science site, which is technically nearest to the hill colleges (Grey, St Mary's, Trevelyan, Mildert, etc). These are 3 - 12 minutes walk away up a hill. However, there is literally no point in choosing a college on the department's doorstep.

1) Bailey colleges are almost as tiny a distance away! It takes a maximum of 12 minutes for me to walk to Chad's/Hatfield/Castle from the science site, slightly less for John's/Cuth's or if you're in a hurry.

2) In first year, everything in Durham is under a 20 minute walk from everything else.

3) The law department may be based on the science site, but your lectures can and will be anywhere. Including Elvet Riverside, for example, which is close to Bailey colleges.

4) Even if you are close to the science site, you then need to trek ~20 minutes uphill from town to your accomodation.

But essentially, this is all covered by the pinned post on colleges. You should read it.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.