The Student Room Group

US Sutton Trust (Sixth Form) Query

I've always been interested in applying to university in America and recently stumbled across the Sutton Trust US program that helps disadvantaged state school children to have the opportunity to visit and discover life at American universties.

The scheme sounds perfect for me except there's one problem: I go to a high performing independent school. Even though the entry requirements says state school, I still feel I am disadvantaged to the state that I should be eligible. Not only do I get both scholarships and bursaries to my school, my household also earns less than £25,000 a year as my mum is still unemployed after our father walked out earlier in the year.

I think I sound like an ideal candidate and am certainly disadvantaged yet I go to an independent school. I really want this and if I explain the mitigating circumstances do you think there is any chance they would let me apply?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest