The Student Room Group

What are my options?

My GCSE grades are 11 A's
My as level grades are B in eng lit C in history D in politics and E in maths. I am dropping maths
My predicted grades are AAA possibly A*AA
Extra curricular wise I have done stuff like being the founder/president of a debating club at school and being a youth councillor for my city among many other things

before I received those grades I wanted to go UCL, KCL, Manchester, Sheffield and places such as those to study Politics/Econ/PPE (along those lines)

I was wondering how much my AS grades limit my choices in terms of what universities I could apply for and if not those, which universities? thank you!!
Your predicted grades will raise a few eyebrows given your poor AS results. It will come down to how good your personal statement and references are, and whether the admissions tutor believes you are capable of getting AAA or not. It is worth applying to those universities, especially as you have very good GCSE grades - but it is not possible to accurately judge your chance of success.

If you don't get in, would you be willing to take a gap year and apply once you've actually got your results?

Quick Reply

Latest