The Student Room Group

Dumped friend is stalking me and slandering my name

I decided to end a friendship that lasted 6 months. At first this woman seemed nice. We were both single
Parents and seemed to have a lot in common. One thing bothered me though. She was very nasty to her daughters father and I could see a really nasty side in her. She also seemed spoilt and a bit of a fantasist (lied about having a degree). In the end she was calling several times a day, texting constantly and it made me uncomfortable so I decided to end the friendship. I did it slowly by replying To calls less but in the end she got angry with me and I told her I no longer wanted to be friends. I was very nice about it but just said I wanted to concentrate on my closest friends. I have some amazing friends and a true best friend. Something she (who has absolutely no friends) gets very angry and jealous about.

I blocked her on everything but she is now slandering my name. Contacting work colleagues saying I fancy them, old uni friends saying I ***** about them behind their back and are jealous of their relationship.

My true friends have just Blocked her and informed me but one of two people I don't speak to much have left me angry voicemails saying I need to stay out of their business. I did try and explain that I didn't say anything but my ex 'friend' is a reasonably convincing liar. Still, I would never believe and certainly not accuse anyone of something someone says. Especially if they're an ex friend.

I'm not goineg to lie, while this is extremely immature and pathetic, it could do a lot of damage and I don't know what to do or where to start.

Any advice or tips? I actually think my ex friend may have been infatuated with me so there's romantic feelings too. She's very very hurt at the moment as she has literally no friends and now I've gone. But she was unstable and I had to end contact.
This is harassment. You should go to the police about it.
^^ What he said, you should contact the police. Do not hesitate and contact the police asap. It's best that you do it soon as possible before something worse occurs, as she can be more capable of doing other things, if that makes sense.
She's a complete weirdo,lock your doors at all times and contact the police.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Slander and harassment. Fair cop.
Reply 5
What would I even say to the police? Would they take me seriously?
Original post by Anonymous
What would I even say to the police? Would they take me seriously?

I'm sure if you're reporting a serious claim that someone you know is harassing you, then they will have no other option but to take you seriously, as it's their job to. Trust me, they wont take you for an idiot and they will take on immediate action.
Reply 7
Give her details to me. I will sort her out. That is unacceptable
Reply 8
Thank you so much everyone. I have screenshot every conversation and reported it on Facebook. I'm waiting on other people to send me the url to the conversations she sent them. Hopefully Facebook reporting will be enough to stop her.

If not I will report to the police.

Either way I've lost one of my best friends already through her lies. I can't believe they believe her. :-(
HiCan I ask what happened?? In a similar situation.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending