The Student Room Group

Changing unis 2nd year help

I'm starting uni soon and I already know that I want to transfer onto another University for my 2nd year. Does anyone know what grades I need or Do I get a grade in my first year of uni..which my 2nd uni would require?

Thank you!
Original post by liyyaaa
I'm starting uni soon and I already know that I want to transfer onto another University for my 2nd year. Does anyone know what grades I need or Do I get a grade in my first year of uni..which my 2nd uni would require?

Thank you!

Starting a course you would not be happy to complete is a very bad idea - transfers are complicated and not straight forward and are certainly not guaranteed (they rely on compatability of course content, meeting the entry requirements for the 1st year of the new university, getting good first year grades (difficult if you're not committed to settling in properly) AND there being space at the new university).

Have a look at http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781424 which explains the process - however I'd strongly recommend that if you have doubts now about the university or course you're planning on starting that you take a gap year and apply again for the university/course you actually want to study.
SFE will finance up to 4 years of undergraduate, so just do the first year and if you are still not enjoying it- apply to the other university, but into the first year again. That's what I am doing, by the way, I exceeded entry requirements by a lot and nothing was left in adjustment, so this way I could get into a better university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending