The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

English Literature at Bristol

I'm an American applying to Bristol for English literature. Could someone tell me how they like their English course/the experience of internationals at the uni/living in Bristol (heard it's lovely and pretty hip-sounds comparable to Portland, Oregon)?

Thanks
Original post by eliyahul'orignal
I'm an American applying to Bristol for English literature. Could someone tell me how they like their English course/the experience of internationals at the uni/living in Bristol (heard it's lovely and pretty hip-sounds comparable to Portland, Oregon)?

Thanks

My boyfriend said Boston reminded him of Bristol - can't comment myself but looks comparable!

Experience of internationals: you're American so you'll fit in perfectly in halls (no language barrier etc). If anything my American housemate at Bristol was surrounded by friends because everyone thought her accent was amazing and was keen to find out the differences between the Uk and Us! It's like when Brits go to America, everyone seems so interested in our accents lol!

Living in Bristol: Bristol is an awesome uni to live in. It's got great nightlife, beautiful scenery, lots of culture, the harbour side etc. What's also great about Bristol compared to other London unis is that you can walk to uni! Even when you move out of halls students only move 15mins walk away from campus - so there's always good times hungover walking down to lectures the next day! Bristol has lots of town houses too, so people tend to move into houses of 7/8 people in 2nd and 3rd year which is really fun.

I may be biased but I personally think Bristol is an awesome city + uni. It's sort of a campus (ie cluster of all uni buildings together) but just on the edge of the city (walkable). Compared to places like Birmingham, bristol feels like a safe place to be and everyone is so friendly!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by mizzsnazzter
My boyfriend said Boston reminded him of Bristol - can't comment myself but looks comparable!

Experience of internationals: you're American so you'll fit in perfectly in halls (no language barrier etc). If anything my American housemate at Bristol was surrounded by friends because everyone thought her accent was amazing and was keen to find out the differences between the Uk and Us! It's like when Brits go to America, everyone seems so interested in our accents lol!

Living in Bristol: Bristol is an awesome uni to live in. It's got great nightlife, beautiful scenery, lots of culture, the harbour side etc. What's also great about Bristol compared to other London unis is that you can walk to uni! Even when you move out of halls students only move 15mins walk away from campus - so there's always good times hungover walking down to lectures the next day! Bristol has lots of town houses too, so people tend to move into houses of 7/8 people in 2nd and 3rd year which is really fun.

I may be biased but I personally think Bristol is an awesome city + uni. It's sort of a campus (ie cluster of all uni buildings together) but just on the edge of the city (walkable). Compared to places like Birmingham, bristol feels like a safe place to be and everyone is so friendly!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol considering I live in Chicago, everywhere in the UK is going to feel relatively safe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending