The Student Room Group

What's the use of past UKCAT results?

Hi,

I am just curious, but I've noticed one can still get copies of one's UKCAT scores (I asked the company out of curiosity) and that they also furnish a table of sorts so that one's scores can be compared roughly with the scores from another year, I think the table goes back a couple of years.

Given that your score only 'counts' for one year, what's the use? Are there occasions where universities have used an old score? I imagine not in a case of reapplication but... well, I don't know.
Original post by PoolR
Hi,

I am just curious, but I've noticed one can still get copies of one's UKCAT scores (I asked the company out of curiosity) and that they also furnish a table of sorts so that one's scores can be compared roughly with the scores from another year, I think the table goes back a couple of years.

Given that your score only 'counts' for one year, what's the use? Are there occasions where universities have used an old score? I imagine not in a case of reapplication but... well, I don't know.

Hi there,

As you've correctly written, your UKCAT score only counts for one year. There will not be any occasions where a university will use an old score of yours (as far as we know!).

If you were thinking of finding out your previous UKCAT scores, we guess it would be insightful to see where you've improved. Other than that, there isn't much immediate use.

The official UKCAT website also publish the average scores for each year. These can be helpful as vague benchmark figures for when you take the test. However, as each test is different each year, averages change every time.

Are you thinking of getting your 'expired' UKCAT results from a previous year?

The Medic Portal
Reply 2
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hi there,

As you've correctly written, your UKCAT score only counts for one year. There will not be any occasions where a university will use an old score of yours (as far as we know!).

If you were thinking of finding out your previous UKCAT scores, we guess it would be insightful to see where you've improved. Other than that, there isn't much immediate use.

The official UKCAT website also publish the average scores for each year. These can be helpful as vague benchmark figures for when you take the test. However, as each test is different each year, averages change every time.

Are you thinking of getting your 'expired' UKCAT results from a previous year?

The Medic Portal

I just found it strange that they go into so much detail for past results.

Quick Reply

Latest