The Student Room Group

Hate the way I look

I hate the way I look.

Everyday in college I always seem to wear the same few clothes and I'm just sick of it.

I'm not saying I want to be noticed but I want a new look. I want to wear slightly more stylish clothes and look good for once.

I've asked my mum so many times if I can dip dye my hair and she said no because bleach is bad. I don't see the problem with it, my hair is quite long so if something does go wrong I can easily cut it. My hairstyle is so plain/boring even my friends agree that I should do something. Even a haircut would be nice so it can give my face a better shape.

I also don't own many clothes (many because my mum complains about how expensive they are). A few days ago I saw a thread and many people said they spend money on clothes every week! I'm only allowed to buy like a tshirt every few months. My mum said she would take me shopping today my converse are starting to fall apart but I'm still sat here in my room. I was hoping to go into college tomorrow wearing nicer clothes but that's obviously not gonna happen.

I'm bored of the way I look and I don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I hate the way I look.

Everyday in college I always seem to wear the same few clothes and I'm just sick of it.

I'm not saying I want to be noticed but I want a new look. I want to wear slightly more stylish clothes and look good for once.

I've asked my mum so many times if I can dip dye my hair and she said no because bleach is bad. I don't see the problem with it, my hair is quite long so if something does go wrong I can easily cut it. My hairstyle is so plain/boring even my friends agree that I should do something. Even a haircut would be nice so it can give my face a better shape.

I also don't own many clothes (many because my mum complains about how expensive they are). A few days ago I saw a thread and many people said they spend money on clothes every week! I'm only allowed to buy like a tshirt every few months. My mum said she would take me shopping today my converse are starting to fall apart but I'm still sat here in my room. I was hoping to go into college tomorrow wearing nicer clothes but that's obviously not gonna happen.

I'm bored of the way I look and I don't know what to do :frown:

You could try making some of your own money and buying your own clothes. For stores like New Look and Dorothy Perkins, they have online sales constantly and you can get the clothes even cheaper on Amazon a lot of the time. The same goes for the haircut. I'm going to assume you're somewhere between 16 and 18, but if you make the money yourself and pay for it then maybe your mum would be more likely to agree to let you change your hair. It's worth a try :smile:
Clothes won't magically solve your problem. However, your lifestyle is something you can change for the better :wink: Even healthy people can find improvement in the way they live.
why not play to your strengths i have long hair that's straight whereas my sisters have curly hair, either way you can learn loads of hairstyles just look online, it can do wonders to your face shape. a place to start: cutegirlshairstyles on youtube Also for clothing try select for cheap but fancy clothes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending