The Student Room Group

Should I get my Chemistry GCSE remarked?

I've just finished GCSEs and I'm going into a levels (studying Maths Biology Geography and Chemistry) in these four subjects I got As and A*s and also passed all of my other GCSEs with Bs.

I got an A in chemistry, only 2 UMS off an A* I think, 338/400!!! I want to do a science or chemistry related course at university. Will I have a much better chance if I get it remarked to an A*? What is the chance that they would find an extra mark or two? If I just get good grades at a level will it matter that I only got an A in chemistry instead of an A*?
Original post by emmamccorquodale
I've just finished GCSEs and I'm going into a levels (studying Maths Biology Geography and Chemistry) in these four subjects I got As and A*s and also passed all of my other GCSEs with Bs.

I got an A in chemistry, only 2 UMS off an A* I think, 338/400!!! I want to do a science or chemistry related course at university. Will I have a much better chance if I get it remarked to an A*? What is the chance that they would find an extra mark or two? If I just get good grades at a level will it matter that I only got an A in chemistry instead of an A*?

338/400? That's 22UMS off an A*, an A* is always 90% UMS, unless you're confusing raw marks and UMS marks.
I wouldn't remark, I would only say remark if you were one off.
The UMS grade boundary for an A* is 360 for the sciences so you were way off. Sorry :frown:
Original post by romansholiday
The UMS grade boundary for an A* is 360 for the sciences so you were way off. Sorry :frown:

Thought it was 340 lol! Thanks guys :smile:
Don't know where I got the idea it was 340, thanks :smile:
Original post by _gcx
338/400? That's 22UMS off an A*, an A* is always 90% UMS, unless you're confusing raw marks and UMS marks.

Oh whoops! Thanks :smile:
Original post by emmamccorquodale
Thought it was 340 lol! Thanks guys :smile:

Haha don't worry. UMS is such a confusing concept :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest