The Student Room Group

Question about insurance choices

Hi!

So I'm looking to start applying to university when I go back to college in a couple of weeks and I'm sort of confused about firms/insurance choices.

Basically, ALL of the universities that I actually really want to go to offer AAB as their standard offer. But a few of them say that if you get an A in EPQ, they'll lower the offer to ABB. So my question is, if I ended up getting one offer saying AAB and another saying ABB with an A in EPQ, can I put the AAB as my firm and the ABB plus A in EPQ as my insurance?

I realise that the answer for this could potentially be sort of obvious but I'm super confused right now and I'd really appreciate somebody clearing this up for me!
Reply 1
Original post by jesstheravendor
Hi!

So I'm looking to start applying to university when I go back to college in a couple of weeks and I'm sort of confused about firms/insurance choices.

Basically, ALL of the universities that I actually really want to go to offer AAB as their standard offer. But a few of them say that if you get an A in EPQ, they'll lower the offer to ABB. So my question is, if I ended up getting one offer saying AAB and another saying ABB with an A in EPQ, can I put the AAB as my firm and the ABB plus A in EPQ as my insurance?

I realise that the answer for this could potentially be sort of obvious but I'm super confused right now and I'd really appreciate somebody clearing this up for me!
Yes, that's fine. You may find that the same uni will give you alternatives according to whether the EPQ is included or not, in which case that is just one choice and you can have it as your firm or insurance. Though you are advised not to have a firm choice with lower grade requirements than your insurance, it isn't compulsory.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending