The Student Room Group

Tesco Job Interview - Any advice

I've passed the online screening questionnaire and was offered an interview. I'm just starting at sixth form and this is my very first job interview. Does anyone have experience with the Tesco application process who is willing to give me some advice? Eg what to wear, what questions to expect and what to expect after the interview.

Thank you!:smile:
Original post by BW999
I've passed the online screening questionnaire and was offered an interview. I'm just starting at sixth form and this is my very first job interview. Does anyone have experience with the Tesco application process who is willing to give me some advice? Eg what to wear, what questions to expect and what to expect after the interview.

Thank you!:smile:

I dress pretty formal for any job interview, because you want to make a good impression. def don't wear jeans..

I used to work at tesco but that was a good few years ago, but im guessing its pretty much the same.

you can prepare by looking up general interview questions, e.g.

can you give me an example of when you provided excellent customer service?

can you give me an example of when you worked as a team?

well, it depends what the job is, on the checkouts or shelves. as long as you can show youre a polite friendly person, and come up with some examples before you go in. even if you dont have any direct relevant experience, as long as you make it clear youre willing to learn

good luck
Reply 2
Hi

Be around 15 minutes earlier
Pay attention to names
Smile and eye contact is your best friend
Your grooming must be spot on
Always back up your answers with examples
if you dont know what to say and need few seconds to buy time: say let me think instead of flat i dont know.
Personally i see no problem with classic plane jeans as long as its clean and ironed: Business casual is your best call as you dont go for management position interview

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending