The Student Room Group

Is the woman responsible in this situation?

Alice is in a relationship with Michael, but Charlie is not in a relationship.

One night, Alice and Michael get into a big fight and Alice decides to spend the night elsewhere. Alice is devastated, crying and extremely upset. She calls her ex-boyfriend, Charlie, and hearing about all the trouble, Charlie happily invites her to stay over. Charlie and Alice are on very good terms, despite their breakup.

Alice and Charlie talk and Charlie is in no doubt that Alice is very upset and vulnerable. They sleep together.

Is Alice responsible?
Of course, she cheated on her boyfriend.
Reply 2
Yes she is and I would always feel uneasy when a girl is still on "good terms" with her ex.
I believe that a woman should never be in contact with her ex
Yes

Alice had an argument, and decided to call her ex boyfriend and go to stay at his house. Alice then slept with said ex boyfriend knowing full well that was always going to happen.

Don't be like Alice.
Both Alice and Charlie are responsible. It takes two to tango.
Both Alive and Charlie are at fault and are stupid for doing what they did and the guy Michael should break up with her.
Yes, she cheated on her boyfriend

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, she's at fault. She shouldn't have cheated. Charlie should've known she was vulnerable and his actions are somewhat questionable, but what happened is certainly not his fault and it's not like he is tied into a relationship like she is
Original post by Dermatome
Alice is in a relationship with Michael, but Charlie is not in a relationship.

One night, Alice and Michael get into a big fight and Alice decides to spend the night elsewhere. Alice is devastated, crying and extremely upset. She calls her ex-boyfriend, Charlie, and hearing about all the trouble, Charlie happily invites her to stay over. Charlie and Alice are on very good terms, despite their breakup.

Alice and Charlie talk and Charlie is in no doubt that Alice is very upset and vulnerable. They sleep together.

Is Alice responsible?

Of course she is... she cheated on her boyfriend by her decision...You cant always find a way to blame the man lol
Charlie should know better, but he himself did nothing wrong, kinda. Took advantage of a situation.

It's Alice's fault though. She's the one in a relationship, arguably shouldn't be friends with her ex, shouldn't be calling him after an argument to rant about her boyfriend, shouldn't be going to his house, definitely shouldn't be sleeping there and absolutely shouldn't be sleeping with him. She knew what she was doing.
Alice is absolutely responsible. Being upset is no excuse!

Heck, I even feel horribly guilty and apologise to my partner for simply swearing at him when I'm upset. If I cheated on him he'd dump me in a heartbeat, and trying to use an excuse like "but I was upset!" would just make him even angrier and guarantee zero chance of reconciliation - and rightly so!!*

Quick Reply

Latest