The Student Room Group

What to revise before starting medical school?

Hi. I took a gap year before medical school purely to earn money, travel and relax before the hard work began. Having not picked up a chemistry or biology textbook in a year I'm pretty rusty and could do with going over some stuff so I felt a bit more confident before we started.

Obviously I dont have time (nor do i want to!) revise the whole A Level syllabuses again. Can anyone suggest what A Level knowledge was most useful in the first few weeks?

Thank you!
Original post by fizza123
Hi. I took a gap year before medical school purely to earn money, travel and relax before the hard work began. Having not picked up a chemistry or biology textbook in a year I'm pretty rusty and could do with going over some stuff so I felt a bit more confident before we started.

Obviously I dont have time (nor do i want to!) revise the whole A Level syllabuses again. Can anyone suggest what A Level knowledge was most useful in the first few weeks?

Thank you!

Honestly enjoy what is left of your summer, you will be straight into large volumes of information when you go back and there is no point tiring yourself out now, you need the longevity.
As for what to revise, everything that is required of the basic knowledge is likely to be covered in the first month anyway, this is because medical schools gain students from different countries, different backgrounds, different education systems and at different levels of life, hence they will get everyone up to speed. Try not to worry to much about it all, you will get up to speed.

Best of luck in med!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending