The Student Room Group

I can't leave my cheating, abusive boyfriend

Scroll to see replies

Should I leave this guy who is mentally and physically abusing me or date a nice guy? Hmmm thats difficult - women.
Original post by Anonymous
Ring the police and say what though? Hi my boyfriend cheats on me and tells me I'm an ugly flatchested girl that he's used for months?

Say that he's assaulted you for ****'s sake! And if you don't plan to report it, then have some self respect and leave him. He breaks up with you so many times because he knows your self esteem has gone completely and you'll come back. Idiots like your boyfriend never change so I suggest that if you care for your physical and mental well being you tell someone and ignore him like the plague.

It makes my blood boil there are domestic abusers in relationships in the 21st century.
Original post by Student167
Should I leave this guy who is mentally and physically abusing me or date a nice guy? Hmmm thats difficult - women.

It is strange at first to hear how susceptible women are to this, but men are typically stronger physically which adds to their control and allows them to threaten the woman if she thinks about leaving. It's not as clear-cut as you're making out if you were the woman in the relationship. It's a lot easier for the man to a) not be controlled in the first place due to his size/strength and b) leave the woman without fear of violence, etc.

One thing I always wonder is whether the victim's father is aware of what's going on. I would rearrange the boyfriend's face if the OP was my daughter.
I assume from your post that there are no children involved, so that makes the situation a little less complicated.

Do you have somewhere you can go? Parents? A friend? Another relative? If you haven't then phone one of the domestic violence hotlines.

See your GP, see if you can get a referral for mental health care.

Trust a good friend or relative if you can with the details of the situation, ask them to help you when you are having those moments of thinking of going back to him to remind you of the bad things so you're not looking back with rose tinted glasses. It can be hard when you've had your self esteem destroyed like it seems that you have, but a good support system will help with that and you will be able to rebuild as long as you stay away from the site of destruction.

Leave when you can, leave when it is safe to do so, leave to somewhere that is safe for you to go, leave for good.
The thing is, we go to the same uni, we live 10 mins away from each other at home and at uni!!! So we go out to the exact same places, I'm bound to see him all year. Same gym, same bus, same uni, same clubs. Everything

And he's gonna do things to hurt me and to make me as miserable as possible so it's gonna be so hard to forget it when it's always in my face :frown:

Hey, I left my ex-fianceé because she was violent (amongst other things). Break up with him by text but make sure you include that you don't want him to contact you by any means including via third parties. That way, if he tries to make life difficult for you, it will be possible to report him for harrassment and for action to actually be taken - possibly leading to a restraining order. If you want to press charges you have 6 months for common assault - though GBH charges can be brought with no expiry. If you think you won't leave him now but may in the future it is worth (if possible - it wasn't for me) reporting domestic incidents to the police when they happen but requesting no action be taken so that if anything more serious happens and you press charges it doesn't become a 'he says, she says' thing.
Get out of it ASAP!!!
Dont ever go back to him!
Perhaps a restraining order can be enforced?
He is just an awful person and you deserve so much better!!
Dont let him use you! Never!

That guy doesnt deserve to be on this earth!
Dump him now!
Most girls wouldve been out of it years ago!

Dont hesitate, just do it!
Sadly I don't have anyone to stand upt for me to him and confront him about his actions.

I feel horrible knowing he doesn't care at all, he's going out, speaking to girls and acting like I never meant a thing, making it so much harder to move on seeing him so happy without me. I want to go out and meet people but I can't bring myself to do it, I feel so physically tired and worn out. I can't eat, I just sit here crying hoping he will change and come back :/
Sadly I don't have anyone to stand upt for me to him and confront him about his actions.

I feel horrible knowing he doesn't care at all, he's going out, speaking to girls and acting like I never meant a thing, making it so much harder to move on seeing him so happy without me. I want to go out and meet people but I can't bring myself to do it, I feel so physically tired and worn out. I can't eat, I just sit here crying hoping he will change and come back :/

If you need someone to talk to, pm me. You don't need to go out and meet new people until you recover from him. You can't recover from him if you keep thinking about him.

You need to realise people like him will never change
Original post by woooooo
i understand how you feel.. i literally just broke up with my boyfriend for the same reasons if not more... yeah i do want to text him telling him i forgive him and take him back AGAIN!!! but then i remembered rule number 1 of being a boss ass ***** never let a guy play you and if he does play you have sex with his best friend. get a dick pic and send it to him and say you're best friends like how my pussy taste... us girls gotta stick together :wink: (not in that way)

:lolwut:

You know that he won't change. Please please get out of there. Call the hotline I mentioned to you last time and speak to them. Don't let yourself be treated like that. Make yourself a plan. Call the hotline, end the relationship, block his number, consider a mental health referral from your GP, and don't look back. It hurts me to see women going back again and again to people like this, and it hurts them even more. Get a restraining order. The hotline will help you with how to go about this. Persevere and stay strong. You have a forum full of people here for advice at any given time, so don't think you're alone. At least make the first move of calling the hotline, and just take it one step at a time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending