The Student Room Group

As mark carried forward cie

Hello!I am a Greek private student.I have already gotten my maths AS level result last May in the CIE board but I would like to retake it in order to aim for A* in my overall A Level mark.In case I apply for that option ,which AS overall component mark will be considered in the end,the greatest or the most recent???

Thank you in advance.
Hi I did OCR non mei but I assume it works the same. You need to get 90% overall in both c3 and c3 not necessarily in each, as well as getting 480 ums overall after all AS and A2 exams e.g you could get 100 ums in c3 and 80 ums in c4 as the average is 90 so you get an A* provided that overall you have at least 480 ums. You could retake AS to increase the chances of getting A overall but it won't get you the A* directly
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by garlicbread23
Hi I did OCR non mei but I assume it works the same. You need to get 90% overall in both c3 and c3 not necessarily in each, as well as getting 480 ums overall after all AS and A2 exams e.g you could get 100 ums in c3 and 80 ums in c4 as the average is 90 so you get an A* provided that overall you have at least 480 ums. You could retake AS to increase the chances of getting A overall but it won't get you the A* directly
Posted from TSR Mobile

Οh thank you for your reply!
Yes I know,as you said I'm thinking of retaking it in order to increase my chances
for an A*.But still,do you happen to know normally which AS result will count in the overall A Level mark,the best mark or the most recent?
Reply 3
nice!! thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest