Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

EU student deferred application

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I am writing because after calling Student Finance England this morning I am now a bit concerned and nervous.
    I sent my application in July with all the evidence they asked me (I even called to ask at that time to be sure, because I spent a year abroad on a temporary visa and they told me to put the copy of my visa and a cover letter explaining my temporary break).
    I called and they told me my ID evidence was fine, but they were not sure about my Australian Visa, because it was just a copy.
    But from the Australian Goverment I only received that e-mail as a confirmation of my visa and nothing else to prove my temporary leave. (everithing else was eletronic)
    At the phone the lady said It should be fine, but they are not sure and to call back in one week.
    My uni starts in 2 weeks, on the 19th I need to give them the Student Finance Confirmation Letter otherwise it may cause trouble.
    If I can't get the Student Loan I cannot attend uni.
    What to do now? Anyone can give me an advice?
    Thanks in advace.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 5, 2016
Do you like sleeping in a cold room?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.