The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Applying to York for 2017

Scroll to see replies

Hello, do we get to choose which college our accommodation is at, or is it randomly allocated after offers are made? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of York
York
Original post by thinkofthefuture
I applied last year and deferred my entry so York was my firm choice and UCLAN my insurance. So now I've got an unconditional at York. What are you hoping to put as your firm and have you sent your application off yet?

Sorry, you did tell me that, I just ace an awful memory! 😂 Not too sure about my firm choice yet as I haven't visited UEA (going this weekend) and no, I haven't sent my application off yet 😬
got an offer for history&philosophy :smile:
I got an offer for accounting,business finance and management

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yeekwan.law
Hello, do we get to choose which college our accommodation is at, or is it randomly allocated after offers are made? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya,

You'll be invited to apply for accommodation in around May. The system works such that you rank your preferences in the order that's most important for you. For example, if you really want to be in a particular college, you can put all rooms in that college at the top of your list. Alternatively, if you want an en-suite, you could put all en-suite rooms (but in different colleges) at the top of the list.

I hope that makes sense! :smile:

Katie
Reply 45
Does anyone have an offer for Biochemistry yet?
Reply 46
Original post by abi2027

I've applied for Biochemistry, but haven't heard back yet. When did you send off your UCAS?
Reply 47
[QUOTE=123PC;68168582]I've applied for Biochemistry, but haven't heard back yet. When did you send off your UCAS?

About 3 weeks ago, you?
Reply 48
Original post by abi2027
About 3 weeks ago, you?

Two weeks ago, on the 7th
Hi UoY,

I'm a student with deferred entry and I'm very excited to start at York University next September! :smile: I was wondering if there is any way I can sign up for notifications with regards to student finance, accommodation etc, as I am currently working abroad with limited access to internet so it is difficult for me to follow the deadlines. If the dates and deadlines are already published somewhere it would be fantastic if I could have a link!

Thanks for all your help,

Kat
Hiya :smile:

Unfortunately we don't really publish those dates in the same place, so it's hard to give you notifications as such! However, if you give me a list of the things you want to know about, I can let you know about the dates which might be helpful for you. Asides from accommodation and student finance, are there any other deadlines you'd like to know about? Those two are the major ones.

In the meantime, here's a link to this year's welcome pages for new undergraduate students, which has instructions on what to do just before you join (so a while for you yet!). They may well be updated before next August, and you'll get your own copy through the post, but they should give you an idea about what you have to do before you arrive.

Katie :smile:
Got an offer from York on Friday for human geography and environment (asking AAB) but I got an email today from the university saying they'll reduce the offer to EEE if I firm! Very happy :biggrin: but I still haven't made my mind up where I want to go :redface:
Original post by University of York
Hello!

Are you thinking of applying to York for 2017 entry? Here you ask meet and chat to other applicants and ask us questions about the application process, studying or living in York, and uni life in general.

You can also ask us questions through Twitter on @UniOfYork, or email [email protected].

Hello! I sent off my UCAS to study Law on the 20th, and I was just wondering how long offers usually take from this department?
Original post by abi2027

Got mine today :smile: Hopefully you'll get one soon too! Where else are you applying?
Original post by notonlyme
Got an offer from York on Friday for human geography and environment (asking AAB) but I got an email today from the university saying they'll reduce the offer to EEE if I firm! Very happy :biggrin: but I still haven't made my mind up where I want to go :redface:

wow that's great! :biggrin: where else have you applied to? and have you visited York before?
Original post by Adrodia_QoR
wow that's great! :biggrin: where else have you applied to? and have you visited York before?

Yeah I visited York on an open day in September and I really liked it! I've also applied to Sussex, UEA, Chester and Reading and have got a conditional offer from Chester and an unconditional from UEA if I firm it! Torn between Sussex, York and UEA atm but I'm leaning more towards Sussex.

What about you? Where have you applied and what for?
Reply 56
[QUOTE=alldaydreaming;68214362]Got mine today :smile: Hopefully you'll get one soon too! Where else are you applying?

Bath, bristol, oxford and sheffield, you?
Original post by abi2027
Bath, bristol, oxford and sheffield, you?

UCL, Imperial, Oxford and Warwick :smile: Which Oxford college have you applied to? And good luck with the rest of your uni applications :smile:
Reply 58
[QUOTE=alldaydreaming;68227566]UCL, Imperial, Oxford and Warwick :smile: Which Oxford college have you applied to? And good luck with the rest of your uni applications :smile:

University college, you?
Original post by abi2027
University college, you?

I've applied to University College too! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest