The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Reapplying to the LSE for the same course - what are the chances of getting an offer?

I missed my LSE offer for Govt and econ after getting AAB in maths, economics and politics (respectively) and I want to reapply but am not sure if it is worth it. I only need to resit one politics module to meet the entry requirement as I was very close to the A but I plan on resitting both politics A2 modules as I am still aiming for an A*. Also, I was 3 ums away from an A* in maths and so am retaking one module to boost my grade. So I'm resitting 3 modules even though I only need to resit one.

Also, I'm thinking of taking up further maths AS as I'm going to be at a disadvantage because I'm reapplying and resitting.

Is it worth reapplying? And is taking up further maths AS unnecessary? What are the chances of getting an offer? Does anyone know the percentage of LSE re-applicants that are successful?

Thanksss!
Have you considered doing a MSc at LSE in the future instead to fulfil your dream of studying there? It may be a better strategy than taking a gap year.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending