The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

No qualifications at all.

Hey all,

A few years ago I was diagnosed with chronic depression, a circadian rhythm disorder, and autism, resulting in that when I was finishing up high school I achieved basically no GCSEs - only maths and English, both at Cs - and I wasn't able to continue on to doing A Levels.

Now, wanting to actually get my life in order, my plan for this year is to do some iGCSEs at home, before moving onto an access course in humanities and social studies next year, eventually working up to and hoping to apply to SOAS for a 2018/19 entry into Japanese studies and linguistics.

Question time:
Since I already speak a bit of Japanese, would taking the JLPT work in my favour at all, especially since I have no prior language learning proof?
What is the disabled support like? Are teachers accommodating and the student services helpful, or am I going to be practically on my own?
As a school itself, is there much of a party culture? I'm a bit worried about city life and though I've loved visiting London in the past I know it's an entirely different thing to live there. For the courses and modules that I would like to take my choices are seemingly either here or UEA yet I really wouldn't like to live in Norwich.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending