The Student Room Group

Why have I never had a girlfriend? (16, Year 12)

I'm Asian but live in a white area; is that possibly why? I don't know what else to say.
Unfortunately in the post-modern society we're now in 40 year old singletons and teen single mothers are here to stay. Give women mobility, social media apps and throw in rampant multiculturalism and the average joe stands no chance.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm Asian but live in a white area; is that possibly why? I don't know what else to say.

Nah I know many asian and white couples, whats the point anyway. Year 12 wait until after your AS exams, AAAA is more important than girlfriend. Also its better to go uni as a single man.

If you really care then you need to inprove your grooming,fitness and social skills
Cause you're only 16 and it's not an issue
Reply 4
Yes it's totally because you live in a racist area and not because you're 16 years old :rolleyes:
You are 16 stop worrying and live life
Reply 6
Could be a sign that youre destined to be forever alone.

Or perhaps it isn't. I dunno.*
Maybe it's because you haven't asked anyone?

Anyhow you're 16 (basically a fetus) and the next two years are going to be hella stressful so dating really shouldn't be your primary concern.
Aw, I think it's kind of harsh that people on this thread are like 'you're only 16 stop worrying about it'. Like yeah that's true, you have no reason to worry because you are still pretty young in that sense, but a lot of people that age see it as something important so being patronising about it isn't going to help.
OP, no one can really say why you haven't had a girlfriend without knowing you (and even then you're still the best person to answer that), but try not to stress about it too much. As people have said, it's not the highest priority, but you can try to increase your chances by actively trying to talk to girls you like, working on your confidence and body, and keeping your expectations in check. You'll find someone eventually.
Mate there are so many girls. The reason you don't have a gf is because you don't actively seek to get one. They don't just land on your lap. But yeah as people say you are young so you shouldnt be focusing on girls at this age,focus on your grades. You don't need girlfriend and if you are worried about not having one it is a probably a sign you aren't ready for a serious relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending