Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to be less boring.

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I always get told that I'm a boring person, that I don't let loose and have fun, but I don't really know how.

I'm just more of an introvert, I'm quite serious. I don't know how to just let go and stop worrying what others will think of me if I do crazy things.

What do you do that makes you fun or interesting? What do you find interesting about a girl or guy?

Get pissed, but make sure others are also getting pissed. Thats the usual way. There are more exotic ways of becoming interesting such as walking and swimming the length of the Amazon river, landing on the Moon and getting killed by a fish after spending most of your life wrestling crocodiles and handling venomous snakes. The latter is a bit trickier to achieve so most people just go to their local pub or offy.

I don't think there is a such thing as introvertedness and extrovertedness. I think you just get familiarised to a routine and a set of cutoms, habits that dominate your way of thinking and your attitude. Change each negative thing about you one by one and make each thing positive. And then build up a set of inidividual habits which then become routine and part of your subconcious mind and change your personality.

Imagine for instance yourself as a porcelain china doll. Or a statue of silver or gold. You may feel each part of you starting to rust. That is being overly serious. Your diamonds become mudballs within frosted seconds. Introversion inhabits that space. That frame of mind becomes you. You are serious. Your face resembles a baboons arse during full moon. Constipated.

Secondly. 'Crazy things'. Crazy has no strict definition. It has no limits. Hence it equals 'chaos' by meaning. What do you mean by crazy?

I don't know if I'm fun or interesting . That is for others to judge. And people will always judge you no matter who you are or what you do . Just look at Justin Bieber. They view him as an incompetent teenage boy (well thats my view). ustfindJ (scrambletongue. My favourite language. I invented it) your own natural flow of life and go with it.

You get told that you're a boring person because the people you're around find you boring. That doesn't make you boring. That just means the people you're around don't share the same interests.

I personally don't drink or party. To some that would make me boring. But drinking and partying are precisely the things I find boring; I always think that if you need alcohol to be interesting what are you like the rest of the time?

Rather than try to change yourself find people that find you interesting for who you are. You must have hobbies and interests. No matter what they are someone will find them interesting. Rather than trying to change yourself to suit other people find people that suit you.

The people telling you you're boring are not worth your time and should be cut from your life.

Don't worry, introverts are the geniuses of the world.

Unfilter, spend time with like minded people, and do the things you really want to do. Be passionate, engage your creativity :yy:
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.