The Student Room Group

People are too harsh on paedophiles

Scroll to see replies

Agreed. The mob mentality of idiots that can't differentiate between a law-abiding paedophile and a criminal child-molester is shameful.
I don't know about you, but I could not take my child onto a train or bus and have someone staring at them imagining what they'd do to them if they could and think "That's ok, we're too harsh on them, they can't help it bless them."

Could you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Original post by inspiringtop123
You're probably a closet paedo yourself if you actually condone their disgusting fantasies. They should be treated, not accepted.

Whatever man, I never said we should condone anything
All I said is that fear mongering paedophiles has no benfits and can lead to more abuse
And I agree with you they should be treated but they're too scared cause of people like you
Reply 23
Original post by FightToWin
I don't know about you, but I could not take my child onto a train or bus and have someone staring at them imagining what they'd do to them if they could and think "That's ok, we're too harsh on them, they can't help it bless them."

Could you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You did not read my post, well done
It's no different at all from a dad protecting his daughter or a boy protecting his girlfriend from some creep who tries chatting her up. Which is what the dad/boyfriend should do. Agreed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by Twinpeaks
Sigh.

First of all, pedophilia is not considered a sexuality, but a paraphilia.

And secondly, yes we all know that not all pedophiles commit crimes, but a lot do. Therefore to treat them as two completely separate groups would be unproductive in terms of understanding, treatment, and the law.

Oh wow I'm so sorry for labeling it incorrectly.
There's a massive difference bewteen the two groups so it it's a significant need for undertstanding from a general perspective to pschological one
Reply 26
Original post by FightToWin
It's no different at all from a dad protecting his daughter or a boy protecting his girlfriend from some creep who tries chatting her up. Which is what the dad/boyfriend should do. Agreed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Urm it seems you're going on a tangent?
It isn't curable so there'd be no point in giving them psychological therapy.

Oh and by the way, what they actually do to fulfill their fantasies without actually breaking the law is sleep with young asian women/men a little bit overage, hence why you see so many older men with young asians, so yes paedophiles don't always abuse, they can just date someone that looks underage but is overage. I would also say they're everywhere, it's more common than you think, I was surprised when I started to realize why so many older guys like young asians...
While I agree that there is a lot of hysteria, the pitchfork mob are particularly hateful towards paedophiles because child sex abuse is one of the most abhorrent industries in the modern world. Although I accept there are many closet-paedophiles who are aware of their indecent thoughts but will never act on their urges, their restraint is by no means admirable. Any paedophile who seeks acclaim for their not acting on their urges is basically the same as someone who seeks acclaim for not molesting an innocent young person.

Maybe there should be more openness in the NHS for paedophiles to come forward about their dispositions, but anyone whose urges have reached a point where they feel the need to require medical attention are in my view a direct threat.
Why is this even being discussed? What have we come to? Have we nothing more to discuss in modern western society?
No, paedophilia shouldn't be accepted at all in society, it should be rejected 100%.
A sexual attraction to children is disgusting and sick and I'm glad people are harsh on them (paedophiles).

And there isn't a cure for such behaviour, I'll agree with you that it is the way that they are.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by I am Kira
Oh wow I'm so sorry for labeling it incorrectly.
There's a massive difference bewteen the two groups so it it's a significant need for undertstanding from a general perspective to pschological one

You think the only difference between a paraphilia and sexuality is merely a label? I suggest you do some reading around the two. They are two very different things.

Yes, and in order to take a psychological perspective you need to acknowledge that there is an association, and a strong one, between the mind and behaviour. You need to acknowledge the link between being a pedophile and behaving in a way that would fit legal definitions of a child sex offender. In terms of physical behaviour, and the viewing of indecent material.

If you refuse to see that then you aren't going to get anywhere :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
Here I'm talking about paedophiles not child molesters, two different groups often put together by people.
Noone controls their sexuality, straight people don't choose to be attracted to the opposite gender, gays don't choose to be attracted to the same sex and of course paedophiles don't choose to be attraacted to children.
Loads of people assume that all paedophiles are child molester and all child molesters are paedophiles. While there are no statistics on this, not all paedophiles actually commit crimes on children. Also some child molesters aren't actually attracted to children.
Fear mongering and forming a mob mentality on a group of people who don't control their desires does not help anyone in anyway. Loadfs of research shows that a person is more likeloy to commit a crime when they are stressed.

Rather than directing so much hate on these people we should be openly trying to help them. We should have pschologists and doctors arranging mentoring and therapy for these people without fear of prosecution. If we really are part of a society we should be helping the people who fall not throw them to the ground.

Are you trying to become unpopular?
Reply 32
Original post by L'absurde
Why is this even being discussed? What have we come to? Have we nothing more to discuss in modern western society?
No, paedophilia shouldn't be accepted at all in society, it should be rejected 100%.
A sexual attraction to children is disgusting and sick and I'm glad people are harsh on them (paedophiles).

And there isn't a cure for such behaviour, I'll agree with you that it is the way that they are.

Who says I don't find it disgusting and wrong?
But what is tormenting these people who can't contol their desires really going to do? Is it going to prevent others from abusing?
I think that people genuinely misunderstand that little girls sometimes completely do consent to sex with men who are *a lot* older than them. but that's biology for you - girls develop a lot earlier than boys so people assume that girls are as immature as they are. but people who *genuinely* manipulate children are evil. there's a stark difference between a early teen being sexually attracted to a famous music star/actor, and a little girl who is groomed and drugged into being attracted to some digusting old creep.

also, not all "children" are children in the fullest sense - paedophilia is attraction to children, but "ephebophilia" is the attraction to teens, which would technically go from 13-19 years old. if a 20-something year old guy was attracted to a 14/15 year old girl, for instace, I think it would be pure delusion to say that the girl didn't consent to whatever happened simply because of her age - it is unbelievably unscientific to claim that a 15 year old girl can't consent to sex - it's actually astonishing that somebody would seriously think that. it's like a kind of religious way of thinking about consent and sex - "consent" isn't given with the permission of a government; if you consent, then you consent. it's not complicated.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't really believe we are all born with a sexuality. I didn't come out the womb and think "Man, that nurse has a cracking set of tits". I also find it a bit odd that the number of gay people (specifically the 'flaming' kind) is much higher these days when it's accepted. Was Louis Spence going around 50 years ago pretending he was straight? No chance.

Anyways, you're only really a paedo if you act on it surely? If you don't go and fire one out over a Disney episode and you don't look it up or anything, you not gonna spend your day thinking about fiddling with kids are you?
Reply 35
Original post by IYGB
Are you trying to become unpopular?

Lol maybe, whats wrong with expressing my opinion even if its unpopular
a few decades ago racism and homophobia was a popular opinion
Is free speech not allowed anymore
:colonhash: Why is this considered a sexuality all of a sudden?
Who says I don't find it disgusting and wrong?
But what is tormenting these people who can't contol their desires really going to do? Is it going to prevent others from abusing?

I never said you didn't.
They have a twisted mind and if locking them up is the only way to keep children safe, then yes I support that.
They will always pose a risk to children.
Reply 38
Lol maybe, whats wrong with expressing my opinion even if its unpopular
a few decades ago racism and homophobia was a popular opinion
Is free speech not allowed anymore

Not a problem with me.:tongue:
Reply 39
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
:colonhash: Why is this considered a sexuality all of a sudden?

Because they're sexually attracted to children
and sexuality is the attraction to people or things
@Twinpeaks no I don't think its a praphilia, its a sexuality!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending