The Student Room Group

One minute I think I must look good, the next I feel I look like Shrek's ugly bro

I have never even kissed a girl (Due to anxiety and low esteem). One minute I get the impression girls like me because I seem to get stared at a lot, the next I feel like I'm SO ugly. I went clubbing at the weekend and I just saw a photo of me in which I looked like a 0.5/10..Is it possible that I just look bad in photos? Apparently a lot of girls used to talk about me in a good way at school but I can't be sure, also even today I got stared at by two different girls.. (excuse the arrogance) But I feel so ugly and I don't know why I look so bad in photos?I don't want to upload a photo as I want to stay reasonably anonymous and also I hate photos of myself most the time.
Heh, sound a bit like me. Pretty much convinced I'm an ugly mofo not worthy of love and yet I swear some girls looked at me today. Ah well.

Not everyone is photogenic, so don't rely on photos too much. We're also our own worst critic when it comes to stuff like that, and club photos are be a bit crappy because of the lighting and the methods they use to touch up the photo.

You're probably fine looking if girls stare at you and/or talk to you. Get in there, my friend!
Reply 2
If you look anything like you're profile picture though... 👌👌👌
Reply 3
Thats more to do with your confidence than your looks bro

if shes feeling you its because you're letting off good vibes but if they are ignoring you it means you've crawled back into your shell again
Is your surname Rooney?
Reply 5
Aww don't feel bad! I know exactly how you feel about pictures. I take pictures and some come out looking nice but the rest of the time I delete majority of them. I personally don't think I'm photogenic at all but it's all on a matter of perspective one person's "hot" or "pretty" can be an others "ugly". Guys, do the exact same to me too so don't worry you're not the only one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by GUMI
If you look anything like you're profile picture though... 👌👌👌

Looool
Reply 7
Original post by barnetlad
Is your surname Rooney?

Nope, it begins with H.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Nope, it begins with H.

ahaha I only just got the joke..
Reply 9
One thing which may help is the fact that my mum looks awful in photos (No disrespect to her) but, in real life she is pretty and when she was younger and single, celebrities used to hit on her a lot.

Is that a sign that maybe I am good looking, I just also inherited the ability to not be at all photogenic..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending