The Student Room Group

When should I apply for a mini pupillage?

Hi,

I'm going to be studying Law at University this year, and I was wondering when would be a good time to start applying for mini pupillages. I know that each chambers has it's own deadlines, but can I also use Pupillage Gateway? Is it a good idea to apply for mini pupillages in my first year? When do most students do their mini pupillages?
I'm really keen to get a mini pupillage, so any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by hudamh
Hi,

I'm going to be studying Law at University this year, and I was wondering when would be a good time to start applying for mini pupillages. I know that each chambers has it's own deadlines, but can I also use Pupillage Gateway? Is it a good idea to apply for mini pupillages in my first year? When do most students do their mini pupillages?
I'm really keen to get a mini pupillage, so any advice would be appreciated.

Pupillage gateway is for (some) pupillages, not for mini-pupillages.

When to apply depends on the set. If it is one of the few sets where the mini-pupillage forms a formal part of the pupillage application process then you will apply in your final year. Some sets require that you have completed at least one year of a law degree before applying. Other sets have no requirement although they may expect that you have at least started your degree.

You can use a legal directory to identify sets to which to apply. Legal 500 has a good list of sets by practice area but you will need to go on the individual chambers' website to see the application process (often CV and covering letter but sometimes an application form).
Original post by Forum User
Pupillage gateway is for (some) pupillages, not for mini-pupillages.

When to apply depends on the set. If it is one of the few sets where the mini-pupillage forms a formal part of the pupillage application process then you will apply in your final year. Some sets require that you have completed at least one year of a law degree before applying. Other sets have no requirement although they may expect that you have at least started your degree.

You can use a legal directory to identify sets to which to apply. Legal 500 has a good list of sets by practice area but you will need to go on the individual chambers' website to see the application process (often CV and covering letter but sometimes an application form).

Thank you. That was really helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest