The Student Room Group

Is burping in class rude

Hi guys my geography teacher gave me detention for burping in her lesson i would like to get peoples opinouns on this . I wasant being rude i was doing my work and just sitting there listening happend to burp
Reply 1
Next thing you know people will be farting and $hitting themselves in class.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh it is 👍🏼
that's gross... if it was accidental and you immediately apologised and looked embarassed I'd have expected you to get away with it but given it sounds like you didn't care I think they were right to punish you
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys my geography teacher gave me detention for burping in her lesson i would like to get peoples opinouns on this . I wasant being rude i was doing my work and just sitting there listening happend to burp
I would also have given you detention for your grammar
Reply 5
Original post by doodle_333
that's gross... if it was accidental and you immediately apologised and looked embarassed I'd have expected you to get away with it but given it sounds like you didn't care I think they were right to punish you
i did apologise but she wasant botherd she is a strict teacher she seemed mad at the time with other students as well i just happend to be the person she could unfairly punnish its not my fault i happend to burp i know its gross but it just happend and it was embarasing .
Reply 6
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Yh it is 👍🏼

I knew it probably is but i couldant help it . I allways do my work and am not disruptive just happend to come out i did apologise but she got angry and may have thought i did it on purpose . She is a strict teacher and does give detention for anything
Reply 7

I dont think its fair you can be punished for a body function
Why should it be rude? I think your teacher may be a bit sensitive if she finds something like burping rude.
Reply 9
Original post by HurtfulHarold
Why should it be rude? I think your teacher may be a bit sensitive if she finds something like burping rude.

Exactly She embarased me by making an issue of it its a human thing it just came out. She is just harsh you cant breath in her class
Exactly She embarased me by making an issue of it its a human thing it just came out. She is just harsh you cant breath in her class

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. Just try not to burp in her class again you know?
You sound like you made a deliberate point of it. A teacher wouldnt give detetion for someone who burped and had made an attempt to minimise the noise. If you feel she us being that unfair then mak a complain to the head of year or headmaster.
Sometimes you can't help but burp or fart. It's not something anyone in class wants to hear but I don't think it warrants detention. Simply saying excuse me and laughing it off would have been enough imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 999tigger
You sound like you made a deliberate point of it. A teacher wouldnt give detetion for someone who burped and had made an attempt to minimise the noise. If you feel she us being that unfair then mak a complain to the head of year or headmaster.

It just came out so i couldant minimise it i told my tutor she said she will talk to her it was one of those things we will see
Original post by Spock's Socks
Sometimes you can't help but burp or fart. It's not something anyone in class wants to hear but I don't think it warrants detention. Simply saying excuse me and laughing it off would have been enough imo.
Exactly i apologised i have talked to my tutor and she is soughting it out . I have already had the detention that day in my lunch hour. It was embarassing for me as i am not a bad student she is a strict teacher and made a point of punnishing me it seems .
Reply 15
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Yh it is 👍🏼

It is but you cant do much about it if it comes out

What's gross about a natural body function
Hi i would just like to say that i was sent out of class today for burping. It was very loud but done accidentally, i don't think i was disturbing the lesson as everyone started laughing and found it very funny as did i. On Wednesday i was in a computing lesson and my teacher said i was getting a detention for burping. I told him i would complain about him and get my dad into school. In the end he took it away. I think its ridiculous how teacher try to give you a detention for something that it is natural and out of our control.

I would've laughed if I was there. I don't think it is rude I think it is funny to burp during class.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending